Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Looked alert, quick, good going forward and not lazy to track back. My early impressions are that, given a bit more time and coaching he really could make the grade at the level we need.

he looks good, tidy and skilful, it was clear though he needs to improve his composure.

Im sure the composure thing is just trying a little too hard right now as he's in and around the first team, hopefully he will calm down a little as he settles in to the first team environment, but the kid clearly has talent.

Looked a level above El Ghazi. I know it’s only preseason but El Ghazi got double figures last year and JPB has made a load more intelligent runs in the games I’ve seen so far and had some decent scoring opportunities. 

Still a bit raw I’d say but the sign are positive.

Ability is there but definitely early days. Thought he was OK today not great but not bad. Seems to have a knack for getting a goal though which is no bad thing at all. Definitely one who needs a year on loan to develop. 

He's a very similar player to Traore. Naughty first touch, brings the flair, always trying to sniff an opportunity in and around the box and he clearly knows where the net is. He's inconsistent though which I can see being a source of immense frustration and the defensive side of his game needs work, but the ability is definitely there. At 19 he is approaching make or break with Villa, and with Traore injured and the AFCON coming up, he may well find himself with an opportunity to make an impact in the coming season. 

Been really impressed with Philogene-Bidace this pre season.

He looks as though he's had a growth spurt over the summer, and filled out a bit as well.

For me he's good enough to be rotated with Buendia and Traore on the right wing next season. A great option for cup games and from the bench.

• Like 4

He usually played on the left wing for the U23s cutting inside onto his right foot, it's a good sign that he's been playing on the right for the first team and has still looked very good, as it means he can be an option for either side.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nice finish there.

Good work by Ollie on the left. Goes to show he could play there with Tammy in the centre eh @nick76

I’m not commenting because if I say yes, every naysayer in the Tammy thread will just say I want to put Ollie on the wing.  So I’m pleading the fifth on this one.

@Dave-R thoughts?

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not commenting because if I say yes, every naysayer in the Tammy thread will just say I want to put Ollie on the wing.  So I’m pleading the fifth on this one.

@Dave-R thoughts?

What about this Nick, this will really get the Nay sayers balls busted:

See Watkins used to play RW at Brentford

Tammy

Bailey-Grealish-Watkins

Buendia

Or

Tammy

Watkins

Grealish-Buendia-Bailey

Nakamba/Luiz Mcginn/Sanson

Target-Ming's/Konsa-Cash

Martinez

Watkins could play behind Tammy considering Tammy is a sniper in the box and Watkins could play as a free Winger/Striker role, could be dangerous attack with Grealish and Bailey at there flanks and Buendia as cam.

3-2-3-2 you have 2 strikers, 3 midfielders & 2 supporting players between the centre sweeper & the left & right full backs. The formation gives players the opportunity to play the ball in diamond,V or W formation great especially for younger players you can play wide along the wing or straight up the midfield.

Can see the formations and how they line up on this page https://www.football-lineups.com/tactic/3-2-3-2

Not sure what you think of that formation Nick or anyone else?

Edited by Dave-R

24 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

What about this Nick, this will really get the Nay sayers balls busted:

See Watkins used to play RW at Brentford

Tammy

Bailey-Grealish-Watkins

Buendia

Or

Tammy

Watkins

Grealish-Buendia-Bailey

Nakamba/Luiz Mcginn/Sanson

Target-Ming's/Konsa-Cash

Martinez

Watkins could play behind Tammy considering Tammy is a sniper in the box and Watkins could play as a free Winger/Striker role, could be dangerous attack with Grealish and Bailey at there flanks and Buendia as cam.

3-2-3-2 you have 2 strikers, 3 midfielders & 2 supporting players between the centre sweeper & the left & right full backs. The formation gives players the opportunity to play the ball in diamond,V or W formation great especially for younger players you can play wide along the wing or straight up the midfield.

Can see the formations and how they line up on this page https://www.football-lineups.com/tactic/3-2-3-2

Now you’ve gone and done it 😂 Minds will be exploding at these suggestions by some…. 

The poor people just want a quiet Sunday night and now you have agitated them 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

@Dave-R thoughts?

The only reason you want Tammy is putting Ollie on the wing. .....or put Ollie on the wing when Jack goes and we get Haaland. Then Bidace can come on For the last ten minutes after we're winning 6-0 every game.

😜

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Horrific. If Smith read this he'd laugh his arse off. You have 2 full backs in a back 3 absolutely bananas. 3 at the back is 3 CBs with the fullbacks playing in the midfield as wing backs

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Horrific. If Smith read this he'd laugh his arse off. You have 2 full backs in a back 3 absolutely bananas. 3 at the back is 3 CBs with the fullbacks playing in the midfield as wing backs

Apart from all those teams and countries that put 2 centre backs and a full back in their back 3, usually to add a little pace. Examples such as Kyle Walker for England, Tierney for Arsenal, Azpilicueta for Chelsea, Cresswell for West Ham. Although I agree that 2 full backs in a back 3 is not normal.

36 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Tierney for Arsenal, Azpilicueta for Chelsea, Cresswell for West Ham.

This is just false. Looked at several games last season. Back 3 for Chelsea was Rudiger Silva James with Chilwell and Azpi playing in the 4 of 343. Tierney and Cresswell play in back 4. The latter CBs Ogbonna and Dawson. Can you provide example game that shows otherwise?

Â