Jaden Philogene

Kingman

17 hours ago, messi11 said:

He use to play left winger for the U23's. How come he now plays Right for the first team?

I was wondering this as well. Does anyone know what foot he is, as we have quite the right footed LW hole in our team right now that JPB could slot into very nicely...

33 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Who thinks he might be in contention for Saturday ?

If Buendia is not fit to start (or even be involved) he has shown more in preseason games than AEG for sure and thus should start for me. 

Watford play very compact and it would be the (arguably) best possible run out for him in my opinion. 

Obviously he will be behind both Traore and Bailey when both are fit and firing but he's looked the most promising of our wing options in what we have seen from 21/22 so far. 

1 hour ago, ZL- said:

I was wondering this as well. Does anyone know what foot he is, as we have quite the right footed LW hole in our team right now that JPB could slot into very nicely...

Watkins is right footed has played more career games at LW in a 433 than any other position which was with Brentford under Smith and with Ings Bailey Traore it looks like we're going 433

1 hour ago, ZL- said:

He is right footed, in the youth teams he was always cutting in and using his right. Long term I think that may be his position, but as I'm sure someone said earlier in the thread, he's flexible, and is proably on the right currently to accomodate El Ghazy staying on the left.

That's additionally promising if he's managing to influence games with the first team (albeit pre seasons) from not his favoured position.

The age 17-22 seems to be the most vital for a talented youth player to transition into senior football. Players can literally go from the Messi of their age group at 17 to non league football by 22. JPB slap bang in the middle of this and really hoping this season he manages to get enough opportunities in the first team to become at the minimum a championship level talent for us to sell on but more optimistically the next in line to pick up JG's mantle from that LW berth (no pressure!)

• Like 1

Very exciting young player who seems to have a wealth of experience already. Seems to be smart on the ball, I actually thought he bossed the game abit like Jack would of..

Made some exciting movement and even danced through three opposition players didn't he?

He's one to watch for sure.

24 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Very exciting young player who seems to have a wealth of experience already. Seems to be smart on the ball, I actually thought he bossed the game abit like Jack would of..

Made some exciting movement and even danced through three opposition players didn't he?

He's one to watch for sure.

Agreed, he's arguably been the player of pre season for me, and you don't have clubs like Dortmund and Bayern sniffinmg around before you sign your contract if you aren't high potential. Interestingly Smith said that JPB has had the ability to be a first team player for a while now, they've just been working on his end product. 2 goals and 2 assists in a disrupted pre season shows that work is paying off. Unless all our new signings are fully fit and ready to go, I'd start him at Watford on Saturday.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Agreed, he's arguably been the player of pre season for me, and you don't have clubs like Dortmund and Bayern sniffinmg around before you sign your contract if you aren't high potential. Interestingly Smith said that JPB has had the ability to be a first team player for a while now, they've just been working on his end product. 2 goals and 2 assists in a disrupted pre season shows that work is paying off. Unless all our new signings are fully fit and ready to go, I'd start him at Watford on Saturday.

The guy if he Carry's on those type of performances from preseason if he gets the chance by Smith will be someone to be reckoned with quickly. 

I must admit everywhere in that midfield where the ball was Jaden just seemed to be there like he had some teleportation ability. Sometimes I couldn't keep up with viewing him he was just all over the place wanting that ball and that is so rare at his age. Not only that he would disposses the Italians also and make something of his passes.

He could be the midfield answer to intercepting and disposessing the ball that we need if Smith hardcore Bloods him in quickly in the start of the season. The lad is extremely fit and hes hungry as F*CK. I know he's a winger but I can't help feel he'd be great in midfield if Mcginn is tired, out or just not doing to great..

If he does break-through properly it will be a credit to our coaching team. @useless will be more familar with his history but if I recall correctly he was rejected by over 11 clubs at academy level and I believe was spotted on some phone footage in local London cage football match?

Street football talent when properly harnessed has yielded some of the greatest footballers in recent years; Rooney, Sancho, Foden, Sterling all spring to mind from England as well as a large part of France's golden generation (Pogba, Mahrez even though Algerian heritage come to mind). https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2020/08/23/street-football-still-best-academy-game/ - This article summarises it quite well.

The biggest issue has always been coaching the boring part of the game that makes a professional footballer and with Jaden starting academy football so much later than his peers I felt he would have been too raw to be anywhere near the first team for some time. Very impressive to see the maturity in his game in the pre-season games so far and a testament to the ability of our current youth coaching team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

If Buendia is not fit to start (or even be involved) he has shown more in preseason games than AEG for sure and thus should start for me. 

Watford play very compact and it would be the (arguably) best possible run out for him in my opinion. 

Obviously he will be behind both Traore and Bailey when both are fit and firing but he's looked the most promising of our wing options in what we have seen from 21/22 so far. 

That’s what I thought given the injury’s and lack of fitness throughout the squad currently, he’s put in some mature performances on pre season form alone I think he warrants a start, Once the likes of Buendia, Traore ,Bailey settle/ get fit he might go on loan in January 

If Buendia isn't fit and Bailey isn't being thrown in having barely trained, JBP will be starting against Watford. Earnt the chance in pre season, and looks well worth the place. 

Guessing it will be a front line of:

Watkins

Young    Ings   JPB

AEG, Bailey on the bench, maybe even Traoré if he's fully fit.

Buendia is a mystery, but guessing if he's been injured for the last 2 weeks he's out of contention.

51 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wild card starter against Newcastle ? - if Watkins not available.  Seem to link well with Ings pre season 

I think with how bad we looked we need experience and Traore and Bailey both did enough to justify a start next game. I'd expect them two to be starting. JPB should be looking to get off the bench though.

To be honest I think the plan would've been to get him minutes Vs Watford but wasn't the right time considering. 

Dean has spoke before about the pressure of playing at VP with fans for young players, I don't think he'll throw JPB in to the XI in what could be a tough game unless we are winning in the 85th minute. Or 2-3 goals ahead in the 70th-80th minute. 

11 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think with how bad we looked we need experience and Traore and Bailey both did enough to justify a start next game. I'd expect them two to be starting. JPB should be looking to get off the bench though.

To be honest I think the plan would've been to get him minutes Vs Watford but wasn't the right time considering. 

Dean has spoke before about the pressure of playing at VP with fans for young players, I don't think he'll throw JPB in to the XI in what could be a tough game unless we are winning in the 85th minute. Or 2-3 goals ahead in the 70th-80th minute. 

Yes I agree. I think BT and Bailey will probably both start v Newcastle.

I was just thinking if DS did want to spring a surprise this might be it 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â