Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Way too quiet for this to be happening imo.

Jim White claimed Purslow had told him we were done after Barkley and Smith seems to have said the same.

Seems very unlikely to me no matter what overseas journo’s are saying.

To be fair I've found for transfers it's a lot more open in Europe in terms of Journo's and intermediaries and the clubs themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

To be fair I've found for transfers it's a lot more open in Europe in terms of Journo's and intermediaries and the clubs themselves. 

Suspect Bremen will be leaking bits and bobs all over the place trying to drum up interest. Our stealthy approach does nothing for the UK journalists or Bremen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Jim White claimed Purslow had told him we were done after Barkley and Smith seems to have said the same.

I think the fact he doesn't have any exp of England is probably the biggest reason this isn't happening - definitely seems to be something we have placed high importance on this year.

Hoping it does though, exactly what we need IMO.

I think all the signings we've made this summer are with the first eleven in mind, pushing previous starters to the bench (Trez for Traore eventually). Rashica wouldn't fit that bill as he's good enough to start but isnt dislodging Grealish or Watkins and as mentioned we've signed Traore for RW.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Not that I disagree with you, but I wouldn't imagine Purslow has told Jim White anything. Unless Purslow wanted it to get out because all Jim White does is run his mouth about how great he is and how many contacts he has.

Purslow is just too savvy for anything like that. He may of leaked we were done to pressure another club or agents, but I'm sure we are always keeping our ear to the ground and are never really 'done' until the window closes, you never know when a good deal might drop in your lap.

We may not sign another player, but to me that wouldn't make Jim White any more credible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yep. The guy would have flown in by now, there would be something leaked out if it was happening. 

I think we will turn to the championship and bring one more in over the next week or so

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

I think all the signings we've made this summer are with the first eleven in mind, pushing previous starters to the bench (Trez for Traore eventually). Rashica wouldn't fit that bill as he's good enough to start but isnt dislodging Grealish or Watkins and as mentioned we've signed Traore for RW.

On the other hand I think rashica would start over traore but having him allows us to rest and rotate barkley, mcginn, grealish and watkins as well as gives us injury cover. So we can drop grealish back into the middle if mcginn or barkley go down and rashica offers a big threat outwide. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont see it happening, nothing in German media at all amd some are reporting Smith saying he wont be joining

No, they basically just reposted the misinformed tweet from Preece, nothing more.

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

If you listen to the Smith interview he is asked directly about Rashica and doesn’t give a straight answer. Talks about Jota, says we are looking to move a few on, and he’s not sure if we will bring anymore in. Compare that to questions about Roca and there was a flat, ‘No we are not interested in him’. I think this is ticking on in the background and hopefully it gets over the line. I can still see Guilbert or El Ghazi leaving on loan.

Hope you’re right mate but I think we’re clutching. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa