Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Positionally King makes more sense to me than Benrahma.

Would rather play El Ghazi than King. Better stats and same goal involvement 9 and King needed 3 penalties. Really don't understand the King love. I swear people only watched him vs us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Both.

Yeah but his preference is the left, he is going to want to move somewhere he can play in his preferred position

Edited by Villan_of_oz

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Positionally King makes more sense to me than Benrahma.

King makes more sense for two reasons, for me. 

1) He would cost less

2) He can play wide or up front

However. I can see some really good reasons why we should go for Benrahma (if we have the funds available).

Benrahma is a player on the up. For the extra 10-15m that you’d need to pay, you could end up with a £50-60m player by the end of the season. 

I agree that spending £25m on ‘squad depth’ is unlikely, but because I rate Benrahma more highly than Traore, it would feel more like Benrahma would be the ‘new winger’ we wanted before the summer, and that Traore would be the squad depth player. For a measly £19m!

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would rather play El Ghazi than King. Better stats and same goal involvement 9 and King needed 3 penalties. Really don't understand the King love. I swear people only watched him vs us 

I don’t get why you’re so against King. Much better player than El Ghazi in my opinion. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get why you’re so against King. Much better player than El Ghazi in my opinion. 

Followed him for seasons because of FPL. Take away penalties and he's bang average. Played majority of games last season at LW 2000 odd minutes AEG about 30 minutes more. King 6 successful crosses, AEG 26

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yep, agree. I watched King play for Norway and I dont think he would be a good signing for us. Useful, but at the end of the day an expensive player on the bench. Would rather go with what we'll have, and spend big on a couple of players next summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Yep, agree. I watched King play for Norway and I dont think he would be a good signing for us. Useful, but at the end of the day an expensive player on the bench. Would rather go with what we'll have, and spend big on a couple of players next summer.

Yep. Didn't see that game but have seen him plenty. Not just basing on stats

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe we are in for Benrahma due to a potential injury to Jack.

Even if there is/wasn't an injury to Jack, there could possibly be injuries to other people which will have to see us rejig our lineup throughout the season.

Personally I don't see it, however I certainly wouldn't complain about having him in our squad.

Realistically, we should always have backup for Jack anyway!

I think I've mentioned Benrahma in half of my posts in all topics the last 4 months, he was my preferred signing this summer. If there is the slightest hope that we will sign him, I'll hang on to it, but must say it seems unlikely. Before the summer I would have valued him higher than Watkins, and reports that Brentford want £30M isn't unrealistic given we payed about that for Watkins.

Of course I want us to sign him, but at £30M I'd hesitate, I do think he will be worth more next summer so in that sense he would be worth it, but it's still a gamble on a Championship player. It's also crazy to think that Brentford can cash in over £60M on two players who haven't played in the PL and are in their mid twenties. Brentford seem to be well run and they can of course demand what they want and see if PL clubs pay up, but it just isn't sound. At the same time, I'm for us paying a premium to get the player we really want. And I really want Benrahma.

Regarding him being a squad player, of course we wont pay that much for someone to sit on the bench, he can play right wing as well, so him on the right and Traoré as cover for him or Watkins would make sense. Trez competing with them and AEG hanging around.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah but his preference is the left, he is going to want to move somewhere he can play in his preferred position

I reckon there's zero chance he turns down a move to a PL club (one that's started like a train) because his favourite position is usually locked up and he has to play in another position he's good at.

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Wasn't last season the first full season in a couple of years for Jack without being out injured? If he, Mings or Konsa gets injured we are in trouble. Benrahma would really make a difference.

Most clubs rarely make big money signings based on hypothetical injuries in the future. It's very possible we have spent close to what FFP allows and holding off to a January to reassess

People writing off AEG and he hasn't played a game with current first XI. Trez can play either wing also

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â