Saïd Benrahma

MaVilla

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Jack was always billed as a very talented player, even when he kept falling over......only when he added strength to his game did he become the real deal.....Benrahma is 24 now, he appears a bit lightweight for me.....I could be wrong, but in the Prem I think he would be easily swatted, by the better quality defender.

I am very sceptical of these so called "talented players", not slagging off talent by the way.....but when they get in the Prem, that talent dissipates.....that is my overall worry.

I think we are smitten with Brentford and I think it is possibly a mistake.

Totally agree with your view he also turns 25 in a matter of weeks, he isn't some young kid, he doesn't seem to have pace of any note and then you look at the price tag and think who else can I get for that? Those players have less flaws and more virtues.

16 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Totally agree with your view he also turns 25 in a matter of weeks, he isn't some young kid, he doesn't seem to have pace of any note and then you look at the price tag and think who else can I get for that? Those players have less flaws and more virtues.

Could you name some of them?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I think we missed our chance to sign him last summer, with Spurs and Chelsea interested I don’t fancy our chances with this one.

You certainly did miss the boat due to allegedly not wanting  to pay our asking price, as it has now doubled,  but If you believe the latest press reports AC Milan have now entered the race for his signature, Where did that come from? do journalist have nothing better to do than make these stories up, so far the following clubs have shown an INTEREST in signing him: Celtic, Villa, Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea,  Spurs, W Ham, Leeds, if true, he can now take his pick of who is going to offer the best financial package and terms,  because at the end of the day that's what football is all about, MONEY!!!

• Like 1

The asking price last summer was reportedly between twenty-five and thirty million, I doubt that that's doubled, and can't blame anyone for not paying that for an injured championship player, I wouldn't pay that much now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it's about enjoyment of watching your team.

No joy in celebrating making money that isn't yours.

You are right, supporters enjoy watching their team no matter what div they are in, I should have added it's only the clubs accountants that like making money.

Â