Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

There is no way we could replace Ollie with one footballer. The strategy would have to be to analyse and break down Ollie’s key attributes. His creativity, his assists, his goals. To find these qualities and others in three forward players.

In the aggregate. 

However - There is no way anyone is paying what we would demand for Watkins after this season. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, T-Dog said:

If Arsenal (as rumoured) came in for him in the summer, what would be the minimum price you'd accept?

What's the value of the player with the most goal contributions in the best league in the world? More than what we got for Grealish i'd suggest.

I don't think anyone is paying it.

Fantastic comments from Ollie after a fantastic point saving performance. Exactly what you want to hear a senior player say after a game like that. Taking full accountability but making it clear that letting a 2-0 lead slip is no longer acceptable.

Emery must be looking at him like a proud dad. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, T-Dog said:

If Arsenal (as rumoured) came in for him in the summer, what would be the minimum price you'd accept?

I wouldn’t answer the phone, he’s not for sale.  We should only sell if Emery wants to sell him as he has another player that can replace him.  

We shouldn’t be on the back foot in selling players.  

We have a squad full of players that have various high prices and if Emery wants to sell one to buy a number of others then focus on selling them and rule out all others for sale.

I think there are a group of our players that aren’t for sale including Ollie, Luiz, Torres, Martinez as well as a few others.  It still leaves a number of players that can command very good fees.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm honestly not getting why some seem perturbed about his comments.

He was frustrated and being honest.

He won't be the first or last player to make post game comments like this.

I'm sure even McGinn and Emi have done similar at some point.

He even went out of his way to make it clear that he wasn't trying to slate his team mates.

Doesn't mean he's all of a sudden gotten an inflated ego and is itching for a move.

This is why players give standard, boring responses to the media. If Unai says it we all nod our heads and keep it moving. I know it's only a few posters but I am really struggling to understand those who put a negative spin on what Ollie said. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, T-Dog said:

to a team that in theory we will be chasing for the next couple of years? a number and a deal that would cripple their FFP

did see some facebook post that there are only 5 players in the european big 5 leagues with 20+ goals and 10+ assists and that 4 of them are english (have fun ;) ) its depressing knowing how we will play this summer and that one of those might not even make the squad

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

£150m.

I'd take a £115 if we had to sell, i.e. he wanted to move or we had FFP issues. 

But let's not sell him. 

He was spot on in everything he said.

But those comments should have been kept inside the dressing room.

You don't go public with that.

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I agree that he was spot on with everything he said and that it should have been kept in the dressing room. However, we all say as fans that we want players who care and are passionate and I think we saw someone being interviewed when they were bitterly disappointed by the result who felt it strongly enough that they spoke more honestly than perhaps was expedient. I saw a player who was really hurting and was reflecting honestly about why it had gone wrong. That’s something I want our players to be doing after a performance like that. He wasn’t just blaming others, he specifically included himself yet the reason Ollie was being interviewed as opposed to another player is because he had done his main job and had scored two goals. As long as the rest of the team are also reflecting on the performance as honestly it shouldn’t affect team morale which is what we are worried about.

I've no issue with his comments. It's encouraging to know that the team are finally realising they have a collective impostor syndrome / inferiority complex to overcome.

Villa have suffered from this as long as I can remember and will never overcome it unless it's faced up to. I honestly don't care whether that's behind closed doors or not. Sometimes you need to address the elephant in the room, even if the door's open.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

It can go two ways - we either wake up and take more control, or it causes more issues with confidence.

So we are yet to find out if he was right in saying it in public! 

2 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

how long is his new contract for

Too new and long to satisfy your doom lust .. let's just put it that way.

#villalad21messi11beachboys

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I'd take a £115 if we had to sell, i.e. he wanted to move or we had FFP issues. 

But let's not sell him. 

Oooo even I can afford that… meow…

Â