Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Hopes that shows Watkins poor form isn’t because of Ings.  On his own and it wasn’t a great performance, even the most ardent Watkins fan would says it was just ok.  Reality was, it wasn’t good enough today, need more from him.

Best bit of play was that run a cross that was behind Coutinho unfortunately nobody expected him to do it 😂 pull back was on for Ramsey to,  unwilling to contest 50/50 for some reason. It was a difficult game to play in but he really could do better. Defended the box well though.

Edited by gwi1890

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I always stick up for Ollie but his form is terrible. To be fair though, Ings was pretty poor too. Hopefully a run in the team with Emi and Phil behind him will help him back into form.

Ings was poor, yeah his positioning on the bench looked unsteady.  He needed to really get comfortable there.  Or are you on about the ten minutes on the pitch he had where we were trying to run out the game. 😂

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

I have no idea what this guy is playing at, but it's not the Watkin's we are used to seeing. Loses the ball, don't try to get it back, has no idea what to do with it when he has it. Missing far to many chances? Yes he runs about, but what player in our squad couldn't cover what he does at the moment.

Looked his usual sulky self when he came off too.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ings was poor, yeah his positioning on the bench looked unsteady.  He needed to really get comfortable there.  Or are you on about the ten minutes on the pitch he had where we were trying to run out the game. 😂

I know he was not on for long but he just doesn’t look sharp to me. He had one great opportunity when he got the ball  in the middle of their half and he just messed about and lost possession. I did appreciate his yellow card though. We seem to be getting better at breaking the pay up etc. Good to see

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I know he was not on for long but he just doesn’t look sharp to me. He had one great opportunity when he got the ball  in the middle of their half and he just messed about and lost possession. I did appreciate his yellow card though. We seem to be getting better at breaking the pay up etc. Good to see

Oh yeah, when he was shoved in the back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do Arsenal want him? They have the mind set on Vlahovic not Ollie

They have been linked with Isak as well

But Vlahovic seems not to be interested back.

Edited by nick76

20 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The sharpest he’s looked is in the Brentford game where he played alone, we don’t score enough from open play with Ollie in the team. Ollie is fitter there’s no denying that and can see why Gerrard started him, he was given an opportunity to stake his claim today, expect Ings to get his opportunity in the coming games.

Edited by gwi1890

Â