Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

My dad bumped into him in a light store in Solihull yesterday. Asked if he was fit for Saturday and he said hopefully. 

That's my ITK info. Do I get a blue tick next to my name?

Fingers crossed. For me, he's arguably just as important to the team as Grealish was, albeit while being a step down from him in terms of quality.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Anyone who said we didn't need another striker was wrong. It was obvious last summer. 

I didn't think Tammy would come here to compete and I thought it was a lot of money to sign Tammy as back up/competition. 

Now Ings is a different prospect all together. He's a better player than Tammy, has played in a front two and can drift wide or drop deep and allow someone like Watkins to still play their game. 

Ings was the right signing. Tammy, for multiple reasons would not have been IMO.

I have broken, my promise....I am only going to comment on your posts when I agree with you.

and I do on this.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2021 at 14:53, hippo said:

Best way to think of it is one step away from a fracture. Six weeks max IME.

Jeez....don't say that.....all our injuries are decades.

well slight hyperbole.

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Won’t be playing tomorrow 

Is that the "Dean Smith confirms that the injury to Jack Grealish is not long term and is not a recurrence of an old injury" type of reassurance ?

If so ...... expect Ollie to be out until after Christmas !!!

• Sad 1

Yep, that's him done for a while. 

Ings might have been brought in because they know Watkins injury is a problem...

Either way, it's Villa, a place where even the most innocuous injury can sideline you for 12 months. 

Edited by Delphinho123

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Ings might have been brought in because they know Watkins injury is a problem...

Either way, it's Villa, a place where even the most innocuous  injury can sideline you for 12 months. 

Or it could be - that last season he played when not 100% fit. But this season we have the option to rest him when not 100%

• Like 2

Just now, hippo said:

Or it could be - that last season he played when not 100% fit. But this season we have the option to rest him when not 100%

Yeh, absolutely, it's great that Ings is here and can deputise. I just find it frustrating that he was touch and go for the Watford game and now he's out of this game too?
The club doesn't owe the fans anything when it comes to injury news, it's just hugely frustrating we're told a player might be out for a couple of weeks and then misses 3 months. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Either way, it's Villa, a place where even the most innocuous injury can sideline you for 12 months. 

Watkins literally got injured whilst playing up front with Ings

• Haha 2

Â