Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

I was being somewhat hyperbolic but I'm not a great fan of slippery slope arguments tbf.

If they don't agree that racism is bad, which is basically what the whole thing is about, I honestly don't give a shit what happens to them. 

It's a slippery slope letting them get away with it as it allows them to form what is essentially publicly approved racist sentiment. 

Every arguement you can make for slippery slop in one way you can make in the other way. 

On 07/06/2021 at 21:46, Denaldinho said:

On a side note Brentford's recruitment process as been fantastic. - They have made a healthy profit and now are premier league.

They will make even more profit if they continue there way of selling in the prem, especially if they can continue life in the prem without relegation, if they can accomplish both they will indeed be one heck of a run club.

On 08/06/2021 at 08:32, lexicon said:

I don't think he does that mate - more likely he just has a man-size hamster wheel at home where he just runs and powers the national grid when he's not playing or at training. 

Probably running around on that virtual reality all day. I'm sure he was working for that corporation in ready player one film.

WWOOOAAAHH. Ollie was nearly on page 2!

1) Kane didn't look good enough to be cleaning Ollie's boots today. 

2) Kane could very easily have caved in a couple of ribs today on the goalpost.  What the **** were we supposed to do then with just one fit striker for the rest of the tournament? 

Southgate is just Mental. 

Still at least we won't run out of right backs. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

2) Kane could very easily have caved in a couple of ribs today on the goalpost.  What the **** were we supposed to do then with just one fit striker for the rest of the tournament? 

I love Ollie, can't wait to see him live and rip the premiership apart.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sorry but having more than two out and out strikers is secondary to including an injured Jordan **** Henderson and Harry Maguire in the squad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Sorry but having more than two out and out strikers is secondary to including an injured Jordan **** Henderson and Harry Maguire in the squad.

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. 

Sorry Zach Galifianakis GIF

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Kieran Trippier is probably the best false "9" in Europe ... oh, and he can take a set piece!! 🤔😉

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I love Ollie, can't wait to see him live and rip the premiership apart.

Ollie with Buendia and Jack on either side - if he doesn't win the golden boot next season then somebody has got a bad injury!😉

• Like 1

Is Kane really that good? Always looks a bit meh whenever I watch him, which admittedly is not very often,  but  honestly no idea how he scores as many as he does.

DCL and Ollie would both make a much better option than Kane. Yes,  our goal came from Kane pulling defenders out of position, and Rashford running on to the space, but that is literally our only tactic with Kane on the pitch. It's so one dimensional. And very nearly failed miserably today.

Glad Watkins is getting a rest this summer,  looking forward to his scoring 20+ goals next season, gutted we won't get to see him at these championships.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Is Kane really that good? Always looks a bit meh whenever I watch him, which admittedly is not very often,  but  honestly no idea how he scores as many as he does.

DCL and Ollie would both make a much better option than Kane. Yes,  our goal came from Kane pulling defenders out of position, and Rashford running on to the space, but that is literally our only tactic with Kane on the pitch. It's so one dimensional. And very nearly failed miserably today.

Glad Watkins is getting a rest this summer,  looking forward to his scoring 20+ goals next season, gutted we won't get to see him at these championships.

He’s a good player yes it works for him at Spurs but Imo he failed to adapt to being in a different team today and just got in the way of the midfielder’s maybe he’s just trying to show pep he’s a false 9

On today's showing, Watkins would offer much more than Kane.

In general, it's a ludicrous idea and Watkins would do very well to go on to score anywhere near as many goals as Kane.

Edited by Davkaus

Kane seems to have this delusion he is Lionel Messi or even someone like Luis Suarez or Thomas Miller. Instead he should focus on what he is one of the best in the world at. Scoring. Him and Lewa would be the 2 best out and out strikers in the world if Kane wanted to still do that. But he doesn't so its worthless.

If he played like lewandowski Kane would be one of the best in the world as is he is great but he isn't a top 25 player in the world. 

I'd also like to note he got 4 assists in his last 24 premier league games. Only actually assisting in 3 of them. Clearly it doesn't actually work. He got 4 assists in one game. And then 4 assists in the 4 following games. He basically failed for 8 consecutive games followed by another stretch of 9 consecutive games. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 2

Kane was shocking today, was like watching Rooney about 2010. Wanting to involved because he was bored and didnt trust others. Dont think he even had a shot or a touch in the box

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He’s a good player yes it works for him at Spurs but Imo he failed to adapt to being in a different team today and just got in the way of the midfielder’s maybe he’s just trying to show pep he’s a false 9

He's been like this for ages - certainly all of the games that Jack has played in.

This, for me, is bad coaching.  Safegate needs to tell him how he should play and, if he does not play that way, he needs to be dropped.

He is a goal scorer but not when he is on the half way line and stepping on the toes of the midfielders!

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Kane was shocking today, was like watching Rooney about 2010. Wanting to involved because he was bored and didnt trust others. Dont think he even had a shot or a touch in the box

23 Premier League goals and he’s just had the season of his life, he just had a bad game. He’ll be on it again next match 

I think Kane’s performance yesterday was more an indication of how poorly foden, sterling and mount linked up with him and failed to play to his strengths.

He got desperate to get on the ball and started dropping deeper and deeper.

I’m clearly biased but I think it would have been a very different story for Kane had jack played - both have spoken at length pre tournament re how they see the game the same way and play well together etc.

Drop Foden, get jack in on the left and move sterling to the right and I think you’d see a much happier Kane. Hopefully he gets in Southgate’s ear. 

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think this is fair and it was definitely a poor game from him. However, as @sir_gary_cahill points out, he still pumps those goals in for Spurs. He is better off sticking in and around the box but is not helped by a lack of creativity. If Southgate actually allowed the players to create and they pressed higher, the Kane wouldn’t need to come deep as much.  

To bring it back on topic, that is why it was exceptionally foolish for Southgate not to bring Watkins into the squad. Even for 10/15 minutes he would cause absolute mayhem against a tired back 4. 2 strikers is just nonsense, particularly when you get to have 26 players. 

Still with him and Buendia not playing in tournaments this summer, it means that both are going to fresh and raring to go next season.

The way Ollie works the line England would have benefited from him especially against tiring defenders.

Kane is drop deep type player these days although his movement for yesterday's goal was what created the space.

Â