Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, TheFirstMan said:

we have a player that (without hairline VAR decisions & Woodwork) would have easily got 20 goals - and people want to move him out-wide.

Give your heads a wobble you plebs. 

Can he  play right back Or maybe in goal

Ollie got great numbers for his first season in the PL last year, and as others have said was unlucky not to get a few more with hitting the woodwork and dodgy offside calls.

His hard work and clever movement up front is also a large part of why so many of midfielders/wide players scored a good amount of goals too. Several of the goals scored by other players were made possible by his guile and movement.

Personally I hope he stays up front for us for many years to come. The only time I'd move him wide/to a supporting role is if we bring on another striker for the last 15 minutes while chasing a game (as we did at times last season).

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t disagree with that. I think what we are trying to build up front is flexibility. I think actual fixed positions aren’t going to be so recognisable next season. Obviously keeping shape is important defensively and in the deeper midfield positions but being fluid in attack, provided our players know what we’re doing, can really hurt the opposition. 

I believe Ollie will most likely be our number one striker next year but I’m not against him having a less traditional CF role depending on situations and who, if anyone, we bring in to play upfront with him. 

100% - striker first and foremost, but as you mention, if it’s a fluid dynamic up top I’d be curious to see what he could do a touch deeper.

7 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Leave Ollie where he is. He is our spear head. We have better players that can play the CAM or second striker. We don't anyone close to being his level as a striker. 

In my opinion, he is better than DCL

Of course, striker first and foremost - more just curious as to how he would considering he seems to have the right attributes and often plays from that kind of position running forward anyway.

As if Watkins would be interested in Spurs. He’s joined Villa and made the England set up in his first season, and plays at VP for a manager that knows him well, and knows how to develop him.

I know the s*n are bad, but come on, there’s more chance of me believing the government have done their best with the pandemic than there is of me believing this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

As if Watkins would be interested in Spurs. He’s joined Villa and made the England set up in his first season, and plays at VP for a manager that knows him well, and knows how to develop him.

I know the s*n are bad, but come on, there’s more chance of me believing the government have done their best with the pandemic than there is of me believing this.

Tear Up Matt Hancock GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

274F4D35-9E2E-4F43-AA8A-65F60D1007B0.jpeg

My missus now thinks I'm involved with someone else because I can't stop laughing and men only laugh / smile so much if you're seeing someone else. 

Thanks for that she's off to her mum's! Jackpot!

• Haha 2

Spurtz have got no chance, Liverpool are signing Ollie.

I just read it on yet anotherbullshitinternetfootballarticle.

It's weird how people obsess over Watkins as a wide option, just because he played wide earlier in his career.

His playing style, movement, attributes, stats are all clearly number 9 material. Personally I don't think he would actually be that good a wide option in the Premier League. He's not technically gifted enough, he can't beat a man in the same way Grealish/Traore/Buendia can.

Could definitely see him scoring 20+ goals next season, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, onmeedson said:

What would we have given for an Ollie Watkins at 90 mins yesterday

This is so true. Not enough has been made of Safegate’s squad selection. I have picked the best x players in the country nonsense! You pick a balanced squad that offers a varied tactical approach! That team was desperate for a 9 who could run in behind and basically chase down the defenders in possession. Sir Harry of Kane was great for 30 minutes but disappeared up his own ass after that!

Â