Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Anyone booing the knee needs to just be banned from going to games tbf. 

With small crowds it surely must be very easy to go in and identify and eject them, works for me 100%.

Or, is that too much, are they merely expressing their uneducated opinions, tough spot? Or easy decision and boot them out?

• Like 1

From a selfish point of view I’m not too disappointed that Ollie gets to have a decent rest this summer, it’ll serve Villa better going into the start of next season. Ollie comes away from the England squad with good reviews, an enhanced reputation, and the knowledge he belongs and is capable at international level. When you add into the equation that he’ll not be associated with what I now predict will likely be another underwhelming tournament for England then it’s all good for Villa and Ollie. Southgate will **** the tournament up, for sure.

• Like 4

Awful for Watkins but works in our favour. 

After a condensed season and the Euros immediately after, having a fully rested Watkins can only be a good thing for us next season. 

OT but I worry how many games Jack will play next year. 

• Like 1

I think if he got into the England squad that would of benefitted him more than missing out. Watching Kane train and prepare for another 4 weeks would of been perfect. 

Atleast now he can stay at home rest up, spend some time settling in the Midlands. 

I'm also on the list that thinks he'll break 20 goals next season.

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Denaldinho said:

On a side note Brentford's recruitment process as been fantastic. - They have made a healthy profit and now are premier league.

Keep forgetting they are a PL club now.

90 % sure they'll head straight back down though.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I don't think he does that mate - more likely he just has a man-size hamster wheel at home where he just runs and powers the national grid when he's not playing or at training. 

Funny but I wouldn't be surprised if not true

11 hours ago, Denaldinho said:

On a side note Brentford's recruitment process as been fantastic. - They have made a healthy profit and now are premier league.

Anyone wants a player now it will most likely be 50-60 mill this summer and that's without them kicking a ball in the prem. I spose we were lucky to get Watkins while we did imagine how much they'd of slapped on him on there prem promotion.

Along with salah and fernandes... Good luck Ollie 

FWIW I think he's been more influential for us than either of those players for them, Bamford for Leeds too and then obviously kane with his goals and assists and KDB winning the league, the 2 that will finish top are probably the least deserving of all the nominations 

On 07/06/2021 at 09:13, lexicon said:

Anyone booing the knee needs to just be banned from going to games tbf. 

I support the knee and hate people booing it, but I think you’d be heading down a very slippery slope by banning people for booing something they don’t agree with. 

However ill informed they may be. 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I support the knee and hate people booing it, but I think you’d be heading down a very slippery slope by banning people for booing something they don’t agree with. 

However ill informed they may be. 

I was being somewhat hyperbolic but I'm not a great fan of slippery slope arguments tbf.

If they don't agree that racism is bad, which is basically what the whole thing is about, I honestly don't give a shit what happens to them. 

• Like 1

Â