Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Thanks very much.

So there's no chance Watkins could still be taken now? He played better than our strikers in the little time he had onthe field.

Southgate you ballzed it up man.

Southgate has bumbled around a bit here. I mean you have two friendlies before the Euros start and you are playing players who are NOT in your squad list. Seems like a waste of everyones time. Play who IS going even if its your second string.

Anyway I cant see Ollie is going. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Leeds fans. It takes some doing but congratulations on being the undisputed scummiest shithouses in football. The most embarrassing, classless, moronic and pathetic wastes of spunk to ever watch any sport. 

What?

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think he's 3rd option behind JWP and Lingard. Southgate could always surprise us and pick Ollie but I highly doubt it. 

I'd love to see Ollie in the competition and it's not that Ollie deserves it or anything it'd be because ithink Southgate is absolutely losing the plot if he doesn't take him. Watkins and what he does for us is to valuable and we seen he can still do that job for England tonight.

I am at least glad he gave Watkins a run out tonight, I just hope he uses his brain and decides to select Ollie.

Thanks for the info as well as I weren't sure if I'll decision could be changed.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

What?

They were chanting for Bamfords name which was pretty pathetic. I thought they booed Ollie when he came on but a fellow poster mentioned it was "Juuude" for Belingham which makes more sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Leeds fans. It takes some doing but congratulations on being the undisputed scummiest shithouses in football. The most embarrassing, classless, moronic and pathetic wastes of spunk to ever watch any sport. 

They're that sad it's funny though. Like, really funny.

Better than Arsenal thinking they can sign Grealish.

Painfully tragic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Southgate has bumbled around a bit here. I mean you have two friendlies before the Euros start and you are playing players who are NOT in your squad list. Seems like a waste of everyones time. Play who IS going even if its your second string.

Anyway I cant see Ollie is going. 

I dno man.

If people are saying to me Southgate could change his mind, maybe that's what he's actually lucking for. Give someone a friendly run around before the comp starts and he may actually get a surprise like someone like Watkins that gives him no choice but to take him. I understand what your saying but I do also understand that someone like Watkins or someone else who didn't make the cut could actually be that desperate they could make Southgate rethink his first choices.

In the space of less than ten minutes he got more involved in general play than Calvert Lewin did in the previous eighty plus minutes. was unlucky not to score and get an assist, and Bellingham should have played him through on goal at one point as well.

I may be clutching at straws but in the post game interview GS refused to be drawn on who he was selecting, and then when pushed on what position it might be, he said if I tell you that it’ll give it away. 

Watkins is the only forward, so maybe, just maybe!

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I may be clutching at straws but in the post game interview GS refused to be drawn on who he was selecting, and then when pushed on what position it might be, he said if I tell you that it’ll give it away. 

Watkins is the only forward, so maybe, just maybe!

It really would... I think it's happening. 

Can understand Southgate not playing the expected started 11, if he wants to give them a rest after the season rather than just prolonging an already long season for them. For example, I think a rested Sterling (assuming he is a starter for GS) is better than one that played 60 minutes tonight with a second choice striker.

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Fingers crossed Rashford or dcl get a muscle tear tonight, Rushford has been off form for a good while and for some bizarre reason is named captain ?

No doubt to appease saint Rushford of school dinners, media fans.

Why on earth would you wish a muscle tear on someone? I mean, I'm not surprised, but, why?

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Why ask if you are not surprised?

Because you hope that people can surprise you. Even if you fear the worst, maybe they'll surprise you that they don't actually wish injuries on people. I'm the eternal optimist. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Because you hope that people can surprise you. Even if you fear the worst, maybe they'll surprise you that they don't actually wish injuries on people. I'm the eternal optimist. 

So why say you are not surprised as that is the total opposite of what you are now saying ?

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

So why say you are not surprised as that is the total opposite of what you are now saying ?

I feel I've become lost in my own world of surprise / non-surprise. Allow me to be clarify...

I think it's so sad you wish hurt on someone. 

Clarification has been found. 

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I feel I've become lost in my own world of surprise / non-surprise. Allow me to be clarify...

I think it's so sad you wish hurt on someone. 

Clarification has been found. 

#thoughts&prayers

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Anyone booing the knee needs to just be banned from going to games tbf. 

• Like 2

Â