Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Ah yes because mcginn, grealish and hourihane compared to championship teams is sooo much weaker than Luiz, McGinn and barkley compared to Premier league teams. Oh no wait, championship teams are crap and tat just scored trom loads of loose balls in the box. He is probably the best in the league at that (or maybe second to Kane) 

Well that was my point. Tammy played with McGinn and Grealish just like Watkins is doing.

I agree majority of championship defences are s*** but one thing that Tammy was great at was anticipating where the cross was going so a simple bit of movement and it looked like an easy tap in/header. Exactly the same sort of movement Bent had in his first 6 months when he was scoring a decent amount.

If AEM starts on Sunday as I suspect he will then Watkins will get some decent crosses to work with but I'm not sure if he's that type of forward who can constantly get on the end of crosses.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Well that was my point. Tammy played with McGinn and Grealish just like Watkins is doing.

I agree majority of championship defences are s*** but one thing that Tammy was great at was anticipating where the cross was going so a simple bit of movement and it looked like an easy tap in/header. Exactly the same sort of movement Bent had in his first 6 months when he was scoring a decent amount.

If AEM starts on Sunday as I suspect he will then Watkins will get some decent crosses to work with but I'm not sure if he's that type of forward who can constantly get on the end of crosses.

Who is AEM? Do you mean AMN as in ainsley maitland-niles? Watkins got on loads of headers in the championship we just aren't creating chances where he can really attack them. We also need to play more balls in behind. And against sokratis/Luiz/Chambers/Gabriel watkins should easily be able to beat them for pace. 

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Who is AEM? Do you mean AMN as in ainsley maitland-niles? Watkins got on loads of headers in the championship we just aren't creating chances where he can really attack them. We also need to play more balls in behind. And against sokratis/Luiz/Chambers/Gabriel watkins should easily be able to beat them for pace. 

Ahmed ElMohamady

The only wing back we have who seems to put a cross on whenever he gets the opportunity to do so.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Ahmed ElMohamady

The only wing back we have who seems to put a cross on whenever he gets the opportunity to do so.

Ah. I thought you meant specifically against arsenal and because AMN and Saka are both very attacking full backs. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Really needed to sign another striker as backup. There a lot of pressure on watkins and hes new to the Premier League 

Wilson would've been fantastic ontop of Watkins. Should've happened.

7 goals in 6 games for them is pretty good. If people think we lack creativity then he's like Ronaldo to score so many in that team who can't attack bar crazy dribbles from Saint-Maximn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wilson would've been fantastic ontop of Watkins. Should've happened.

7 goals in 6 games for them is pretty good. If people think we lack creativity then he's like Ronaldo to score so many in that team who can't attack bar crazy dribbles from Saint-Maximn.

Yes thats who I was thinking of. i think he would have been almost as good as Vardy but for injuries.  Wanted him when Sherwood was manager 

Edited by PaulC

It's no accident that Jack Grealish has scored more and assisted more this season than at the comparative stage last season. In fact Jack should be near 10 already with the chances he has missed. 

The common denominator is Ollie Watkins he has freed Jack up and it's showing he is much more deadly.

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's no accident that Jack Grealish has scored more and assisted more this season than at the comparative stage last season. In fact Jack should be near 10 already with the chances he has missed. 

The common denominator is Ollie Watkins he has freed Jack up and it's showing he is much more deadly.

Jack is better this season than last season. He is also playing as left winger so further up the pitch. He is now stronger and faster. He is playing more aggressively and taking more risks shown by his lower pass accuracy and the fact he has been dispossessed more frequently. 

• Like 2

One of the most complete strikers I've seen at Villa. Superb in the air, finishes off both feet, great work rate, intelligent movement. Maybe lacking the technical class of an elite striker, but doesn't really matter with players like Grealish and Barkley around him.

Hope we can keep him fit every week!

• Like 1

He makes such good and intelligent runs, has such (and to me surprisingly) good hold up play, great finisher. Like KentVillan said such a complete striker.

A fantastic buy by Smith.

• Like 1

Â