Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Much much better today 

Ya thought he played it perfectly today , 2nd half was superb , loved his 2nd goal , that little shoulder to shoulder by grealish was my fav part of it

He is shoving humble pie into my stupid lil mouth. You can tell he just has “it”. He hasn’t even had the chance to properly settle into the league and he’s smashing in goals. Sure there’s flaws in his play but he’s young and they can be ironed out. If he could just sharpen up on a couple of aspects of his game over the course of the next year or so, he’ll be smashing them in like Vardy every season. 

• Like 1

Lol at the folks in the match thread who were loading up the " I told you he wasn't all that " in advance.

He's just admitted to being an Arsenal Fan in the post match.

Burn him!!!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

Such a hard job playing as the lone striker in the Premier League, considering he has only done it for one season in the Championship he has had a remarkable start.  Being on the same wavelength as Jack and Ross helps a lot, they will create loads of chances for him and he will consistently end up in the right place at the right time with his movement.

Thought he was largely poor up to about 70 mins.

Couple of nice touches from long balls, but so wasteful on the ball when in good positions. Looks really nervous on the ball a lot of the time. Honestly don't know why, that's what was costing him, nothing technical or work-rate wise or anything. Grealish got really annoyed with it a couple of times, I got Wes flashbacks.

70 mins onwards, that's what you pay for. Ruthless. He's there in that red zone every single time. Finish and timing of run also delicious for the third, just class.

If he shakes those nerves on the ball, we won't be able to find a striker anywhere that suits us more. Keep up the good work Ollie.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought he was largely poor up to about 70 mins.

Couple of nice touches from long balls, but so wasteful on the ball when in good positions. Looks really nervous on the ball a lot of the time. Honestly don't know why, that's what was costing him, nothing technical or work-rate wise or anything. Grealish got really annoyed with it a couple of times, I got Wes flashbacks.

70 mins onwards, that's what you pay for. Ruthless. He's there in that red zone every single time. Finish and timing of run also delicious for the third, just class.

If he shakes those nerves on the ball, we won't be able to find a striker anywhere that suits us more. Keep up the good work Ollie.

He had some really poor touches in the first half. No confidence, would do the dirty work then mess up the simplest of touches. Once that first goal went in though you can see how he just switched on. Amazing to see. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Ollie Watkins has scored six goals in seven games for Aston Villa in the Premier League this season - only Dean Saunders (seven) and Dion Dublin (nine) have ever netted more in their first seven appearances for Villa in the competition.

Dublin's start was crazy. I think he may have missed a pen or had a few disallowed goals as well in that time. 

Â