Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I’m not too worried about him not scoring as he’s having chances. I think after Leeds goal we’ve panicked. Our system seem to use strikers to get others into the game (which is fine as 7 of Son goals are assisted by Kane).

I just think that Smith needs to start using different players, we won’t go forward by keeping Trez every game. His workrate is great but offers little going forward. I’d have got Davis instead of Traore, and got Watkins on the wing. We need to start utilizing new ideas to the team. Hourihane, Nakamba, Traore, Davis, Ramsey, Guilbert and Engels, all have still some parts to play. If we’re closing a game we could get Cash upfront and get Elmo or Fred behind him.  Smith has to have the courage to start trying new things. What we’ve seen against Leeds is an alert that we’d be found out. Many of our players were knackered. 

That has been used many times in the past.....maybe we are not driving them hard enough in training.

systems may be at fault....but too many players was off the pace too.

He's cut adrift, the midfield can't get near him, only really grealish at times playing up with him and they seem to be trying to occupy the same space

Mings blasting a ball in his general area of the pitch is a waste of time, trying to find him in the channels with no support is a waste of time 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's cut adrift, the midfield can't get near him, only really grealish at times playing up with him and they seem to be trying to occupy the same space

Mings blasting a ball in his general area of the pitch is a waste of time, trying to find him in the channels with no support is a waste of time 

It's basically exactly the same situation Wesley was in

• Like 4

Just now, samjp26 said:

He is not a target man. He is 5ft 11. We need to start utilising the players and get the ball to him in a way that makes sense, otherwise we'll be doing this forever no matter who is up front.

That's partially what annoys me. We have so many plauers good with the ball on the pitch, but for some reason we love hoofing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

What was the deal with Jack pushing him away when he came to collect the ball to take the penalty?

guessing spur of the moment wanting to take it yourself. Jack was the one who got the penalty in the first place. I'm sure it's nothing.

Â