Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Sometime goals blind people, his first half wasn’t great. I didn’t catch what Deano said after so that is interesting.

Personally I do like him but think some games such as Leeds and Southampton he needs a physical presence alongside him. 

Big man/little man might eb lost to the days of Withe and Shaw but for some matches it is needed.

• Like 2

He very much seems to be a confidence player.  When he's feeling great, goals will tally up with ease.  When he's not scoring regularly, it will affect his overall play.  He was poor in the first half and hasn't looked great in the past few matches.  That said, after his first goal, he looked fantastic again.  

• Like 1

Probably wrong timing to post this but I feel Grealish doesn't fully trust Watkins still. Maybe its just PTSD from our previous strikers but I do think Watkins passing can be quite sloppy and its his weakest attribute, thought maybe we'd have seen some more give and go's with Grealish by now.

Outside of that I couldn't be more pleased. Our 2nd goal was a thing of wonder - on the face of it an 'easy' finish but I feel thats the sort of chance that would have flashed across the face of goal for a throw in before Watkins arrived. His hold up play is reminding me of prime Benteke too, never realised we were getting someone this strong.

With Grealish, Barkley and McGinn assisting one might think Watkins could get twenty goals this season in the league alone.

Obviously that would be amazing but I think the the other three often go for glory themselves.

It is possible that Grealish, Watkins and Barkley could all easily end up with double figures!

We scored 41 goals last season, this season already 18...

Don't mind me I'm just waffling!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

He wasn’t that good first half but then Arsenal were trying to bounce back from going behind and had a lot of the ball so it was difficult to get involved. Second half he grew in to the game and his hold play was superb. Also noticed he tracked back a lot to help out. He is a very talented hard working player. Also he knows where the goal is!

Just now, MaVilla said:

Yeah but watkins has only played a few games in the premiership so no chance really, southgate won't take a punt.

Bamford is nailed on though, a seasoned elite striker who has played at the highest level according to southgate.

Yeah exactly. Southgates reasoning for his logic makes as much sense asgetting your car washed while its raining. 

Interesting that in recent weeks the Tammy talk from people on here has completely disappeared. I think Watkins is not far off Tammy level at the moment and arguably offers more to our team though Tammy was quite good at pressing the defenders as well

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 09:14, Demitri_C said:

Reading bamfords in line to get a england call up. If that vermin is in contention wont be long ubtil ollie comes knocking

I don't mind you referring to Leeds' diving, cheating, whining striker by suggestion, but please don't mention that stunted piss stains name on here. 

Kindest Regards, 

All fans.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

Interesting that in recent weeks the Tammy talk from people on here has completely disappeared. I think Watkins is not far off Tammy level at the moment and arguably offers more to our team though Tammy was quite good at pressing the defenders as well

Even allowing for Claret and blue blindness , I think Watkins has the far greater potential  

though perhaps I should disclose that I was never a huge Tammy fan 

On 10/11/2020 at 05:14, Demitri_C said:

Reading bamfords in line to get a england call up. If that vermin is in contention wont be long ubtil ollie comes knocking

Not suggesting stats are everything, but Opta, who are pretty adept at this kind of analysis, give Premier League players a Performance Score after every game. Thus far this season, Watkins is averaging 93 and Bamford 69.

Football Index is another half-decent measure of relative value. On there Watkins is priced at 1.39, Bamford at 0.95, and Wilson at 0.74.

• Thanks 1

Â