Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's a lot of words for 'yes'

Sorry, yes!  

The way he’s playing now you were right, I’d still argue pre this for a long time I wasn’t convinced.  

I still want him to continue doing it and this not just a great patch, and I’ll be interested to see how he reacts when he does have a bad patch but I don’t foresee an issue and we can put it down to poor coaching/tactics by Gerrard for now (I know some don’t agree he was poor beforehand, no need to rehash that discussion now).  

Still would like to see somebody up there with him, still think he’d play brilliant off somebody.

Loving him at the moment

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If this is the Ollie we are going to have from now on then we need to give him that contract. Never seriously injured  huge stamina and now deadly and consistent. 

Worth a shit ton of money 

We probably need to give him it before the sharks start circling as well.

Best believe they will, if they haven't begun to already.

This is a PROVEN Premier League forward with a shedload to his game here.

• Like 3

He's great as a lone striker leading the line and thrives with the responsibility. Why two managers thought shoe horning in Ings and changing formation was the answer I will never know. We just needed a back up happy to be on the bench.

10 minutes ago, maxjackle said:

He's great as a lone striker leading the line and thrives with the responsibility. Why two managers thought shoe horning in Ings and changing formation was the answer I will never know. We just needed a back up happy to be on the bench.

If we can bring in a Nico Williams or Brennan Johnson to possibly upgrade Bailey it will suit him . He just thrives on being the senior first choice striker. 

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Are you watching Southgate you big-nosed prick?

He was tuned in to watch Mason Mount on the bench and Conor Gallagher picking up 20 minutes

Much more important to the national team to have top 6 experience

• Like 1

The ref should be made to explain what he saw not only to give a penalty but to book Watkins as well, disgraceful call by him. This is where VAR works, could have easily be robbed of 2 points tonight without it. 

23 minutes ago, WHY said:

The ref should be made to explain what he saw not only to give a penalty but to book Watkins as well, disgraceful call by him. This is where VAR works, could have easily be robbed of 2 points tonight without it. 

At full speed the ref must have thought Ollie had taken out their player, which would be a yellow card if denying a goalscoring opportunity but going for the ball.  It was an honest mistake corrected by VAR.

Â