Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Watkins and McGinn will surely get new contracts. I'd say priority is Watkins as we can do an FFP trick with him. He'll have an FFP amortisation cost of about 6.5m per year. If he signs a new 5 year contract that will drop to 2.5m and his wages will rise by say 2m a year. So he costs us in accounting terms 2m less per year. 

Would be suprised if we sign a forward to replace watkins as our 1st choice judging by emerys latest comments about watkins being the example in regards to learning, training and adapting to our way of playing.

He's never going to be your striker you are 100% confident with in a 1 on 1 with the keeper but you know he won't shy away and will keep learning and trying to improve and will have purple patches of scoring while continuing to be part of the team, completely different to some strikers who are great finishers but think that's all their team duties consist of.

I think the regularity of his scoring is the main attraction....and not tempting fate, his injury record is encouraging.

He scores goals that make points.....not just the numbers.

Some strikers, score when you don't really need one( if thats ever possible).....but Ollies recent form, is one of an elite striker, who scores in nearly every game, thats elite.

He has also recorded double digits in the last 8 seasons, thats consistency.

I think with the plans to improve the team, he can be a 20 goal a season striker.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think the regularity of his scoring is the main attraction....and not tempting fate, his injury record is encouraging.

He scores goals that make points.....not just the numbers.

Some strikers, score when you don't really need one( if thats ever possible).....but Ollies recent form, is one of an elite striker, who scores in nearly every game, thats elite.

He has also recorded double digits in the last 8 seasons, thats consistency.

I think with the plans to improve the team, he can be a 20 goal a season striker.

Yes. He is impacting every game at the moment.  Sometimes you have strikers who score a hatrick and then are shit in the next 2 and they still are scoring a goal a game on average.  It would be good to have a stat of scoring and assisting per actual game  , not an average. 

• Like 1

Always been concerned Arsenal would come in for him and the pull would be too much.  BUT he wouldnt be starting every game. And we woildnt sell for less than 100 . 

He seems happier than i have ever seen him. Always thought of him as a reserved character. But his celebrations after the Bertie goal were great. Last to stop 

He's absolutely unstoppable right now. Stick your Toney up your arse, Southgate

Also...**** me the bloke is shredded, he's been putting some serious work in 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 27/12/2022 at 09:30, rodders0223 said:

He was. Numerous times I exclaimed well done Ollie as he controlled a difficult hoof off Olsen on his chest or his hip as Matip was trying to ragdoll him

Ollies problem 6 months a year ago was he wasn't finishing chances but he wasn't holding the ball up either.

He was really good yesterday.

We will struggle to sign a striker that does what Ollie does, and bangs in 1 in 2 , and out performs is XG.

If we can get that striker, whoever he is , then brilliant

At 2-0 down yesterday I knew we would score and Ollie knew he would get chances. 3 in 15 isn't good but I'd back him to get near his PB of 14 come the end of the season. He's hitting form and I can see a few braces in some good fixtures coming up.

This guy knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â