Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

The best striker outside the Top 6. I I also want to take a little credit. I picked him up on FPL early in his scoring run. Belief goes a long way. 

• Like 1

Only 3 players have scored more PL goals than him since joining but there are plenty who don’t think he’s good enough. Been an unbelievable signing and doesn’t get anywhere near the credit he deserves!!!

• Like 1

He don't half get a lot of chances in this Emery Villa team. Was really annoyed how he took his first chance. But cant deny his mentality. Finished the 2nd 1 on 1 brilliantly.
When he misses he doesn't hide, he comes back and takes the next chance. Only the top strikers have that. 
Always gives defenders a tough game. 

• Like 3

His finishing can definitely frustrate me but can't knock this. Looking in good shape to at least equal his 14 goal debut season which would be amazing considering the Gerrard disaster. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was told we could easily upgrade on him for Tammy or Calvert Lewin etc

Ollie please smash Gabby Premier League record. With Unai its possible

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Even as a Watkins ‘supporter’ or whatever other label you would use, it is fair to say that his output had dropped off. No need for anything smug or any “I told you so’s”, let’s just enjoy that OUR striker is scoring regularly as well as leading the line for us while we are in great form. Unai Emery has took Ollie’s game to another level.

Exactly this. Last season he didn’t do what he was renowned for in the first season his work rate and touch were off.

The improvement is fantastic and now he’s got one of the worlds best coaching and advising him.

Once the players get used to Unai’s style even more Ollie will get to 20 goals a season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Forget the goals, the misses, the work rate
This was Magical. 

Really slick move that wasn't replayed in the broadcast. Thanks for posting this. This is a very confident player right now to do that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I said this in the transfer thread. Would be an absolute nightmare for CB's

I truly think we could pull it off now. A dream before - starting to 'maybe' at least be able to attract such players... 

I'll keep dreaming Keyblade but we're all on the same page collectively 😎

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Really slick move that wasn't replayed in the broadcast. Thanks for posting this. This is a very confident player right now to do that. 

I was wondering where TF that came from 🤣.

I've never seen him do this sort of thing, brilliant.

• Like 1

Â