Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I said I'll be happy if he gets around 12-14 goals and about 5 assists. He's going to get around 16+ goals. The guy doesn't stop! Makes things happen. Just as I suspected made a few crap balls into good balls. We've got more penetration through the middle now. 

He looked rusty, which is normal I suppose after sitting out a lot of Brentford's friendlies. Probably because of that his all around game wasn't that impressive but he consistently found himself exactly where the ball was in the box. You just can't teach that feel for the game.  

His debut has sort of gone under the radar! He did well. Not spectacular but well. His movement is on another level and his work rate is good. He also showed a bit of steel which we have been badly missing. All in all, a positive start from Ollie.

thought his movement was good, but needs to sharpen up the shooting. Scoring from 2 yards should be 10/10 all the time at that price tag. Caused us a lot more expended effort in that second half after that wretched miss. Still, glad he scored and I'm sure he'll be a good signing for us. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

thought his movement was good, but needs to sharpen up the shooting. Scoring from 2 yards should be 10/10 all the time at that price tag. Caused us a lot more expended effort in that second half after that wretched miss. Still, glad he scored and I'm sure he'll be a good signing for us. 

https://youtu.be/GB2MIIK7TbA

Just saying.

liked his movement and wanting the ball last night.....worked the line very well.

Great to get on the score sheet and will be disappointed he didn't get a second.

Only concern....and not his fault.....back four still went long ball to him too much last night...bypassing the midfield...Mings especially.....he doesn't want it in the air...needs to feet or to run on to and we don't play that way.

Be interesting against sheff Utd

42 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Wilder talking about the fee we paid for Watkins and also the wages... he seems obsessed with the club. The whole club there seems strangely obsessed with what we do. 

I actually dont mind wilder. Always speaks well of us. I have no issue with him or Sheffield united

Â