Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

48 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We just never gave Hogan the service. Those clever runs he used to make in behind just never got noticed. Shame. 

Hogan was classic Bruce fail buy. Get someone scoring for fun for rival team and not play to his strengths

41 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

I see Super Ollie Watkins is impressing already 😉

Absolutely. I've watched that goal loads of times this morning. I find myself not watching Grealish's inch perfect switch, or Trez's superb cross. To me, the most interesting part of it was Watkins' movement. He spent the whole time in a clear goalscoring position, and it's crazy to think we've gone so long without somebody who does that.

• Like 2

I though that was a very promising debut. And I love strikers who score on their debuts, it is often a good omen. He didn't look fussed about coming up against some of the best defenders in the PL at all, very promising! He competed well and gave them a proper battle. Showed strength and good technique to hold up the ball and win one on ones on several occations, dropped back and linked up play and got into good positions. Scoring one and nearly another. He showed the speed and strength that ppl had been talking about. Most of all, he didn't look the sligthest out of place, adapted to the pace and the competetiveness from the first second.

Seems to be the complete forward. I'm very happy with this. In fact I would hesitate to bring in another big money forward, I'm afraid that could hamper Watkins, a bit like when McCormack came in and we then bought Kodjia as well. Watkins should be the undoubted first choice and we should give him all the confidence to strive there. I'm happy with Watkins, Wesley and Samatta, preferrably along with a wide forward who can cover as striker as well.

Â