Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Yes? Not sure of your point. My expectation for a 30 mill striker signing is to bag around 15 a season.

I know it doesnt always work out, but that has to be a realistic expectation

I think you are thinking of 90s prices.

All 25-30m does for strikers in the current market is imply they aren't totally crap. (Sometimes)

He will be fine though, even if he doesn't score 15 I have no doubt he will contribute a lot to the team.

Like him a lot.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think you are thinking of 90s prices.

All 25-30m does for strikers in the current market is imply they aren't totally crap. (Sometimes)

He will be fine though, even if he doesn't score 15 I have no doubt he will contribute a lot to the team.

Like him a lot.

The only explanation with all these queries about prices is people weren't paying attention to other PL club signings the last few seasons

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not 100% convinced he's gonna bag 15+ goals yet. Deffo got potential though

30 mil doesn't guarantee 15+ goals he should hit double figures and hopefully improve on that next season. We probably paid over the odds for Watkins. Haller was 40 mil in last years market and didn't hit 15 goals he'll should improve this year.

Unlucky not to get one last night from a chance he couldn't have done more from.  Unfortunate not to get one from a chance he could have done more from. Exceptional run and play to get into a position where he had to be fouled when through on goal.

Overall,  a very solid PL debut, with indications that he'll be a great player for us this season. He'll get into great positions,  he'll create chances himself,  and he'll create chances for others.  Couldnt ask for more from a centre forward.

On 22/09/2020 at 01:48, Johnnyp said:

Ollie will be fine. Stay in and around that box and he'll get chances. Was lively tonight. Give Jack and Ollie Thursday off. Let them work on those balls threading through, running off defenders etc along with Traore.

I really like Ollie, I will be very surprised if he doesn't work out for us.

His awareness will be his forte and linking with Jack ( which will take a bit of time) will be central to his success.

Messi would have struggled to score against them.

He shouted at Jack to pass the ball to him , Jack obliged. Was strange to see it tbh, not many players have the confidence to do that , Ollie has. Would like him to take our penalties, if he does then he should get 15 goals. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It will take time. Good players make demands of each other. Watkins looks stone faced. Totally focused and not giddy and happy to be just here. Certainly doesn't look in awe of Grealish and why should he be. He's been prolific in most of his seasons playing senior football so far. If Jack slows it up when Ollie is in space in the box, he should be called out and given a bollocking. Vice versa if Ollie isn't creating space for himself. Every player should be held to the same standards. Standards of excellence. Raise them, maintain them, raise them again. Humility. Ego is dangerous. Doesn't matter if we as fans believe we are a one man team, i want nobody on our team thinking it. The synergy and link up between all the midfield and striker. Work rate, everything. Team driven. Only way it can be.

Star Trek Applause GIF

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

It will take time. Good players make demands of each other. Watkins looks stone faced. Totally focused and not giddy and happy to be just here. Certainly doesn't look in awe of Grealish and why should he be. He's been prolific in most of his seasons playing senior football so far. If Jack slows it up when Ollie is in space in the box, he should be called out and given a bollocking. Vice versa if Ollie isn't creating space for himself. Every player should be held to the same standards. Standards of excellence. Raise them, maintain them, raise them again. Humility. Ego is dangerous. Doesn't matter if we as fans believe we are a one man team, i want nobody on our team thinking it. The synergy and link up between all the midfield and striker. Work rate, everything. Team driven. Only way it can be.

a man after my own heart.......totaly agree on all points.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

He is one of those players that have that ability to be in the right place, it isn’t luck, the lad knows where to be. That’s an important quality and it is why he scores goals and Davies doesn’t .

I found it quite funny when people were commenting on his YouTube video that lots of his goals last season were tap ins. 

As you say, it's not luck. 

Â