Academy General Topic

smetrov

We got rid of a lot of staff last year. It's related. If Kmac was involved I assume he'd have gone then aswell. Reading this I wouldn't be surprised if as with a lot of kids these days they want to be wrapped in cotton wool. Throwing the term bullying around nullifies the affect when it actually happens. Being told you're not good enough isn't bullying. If KMAC uses the same standard across the group it's not bullying. 

Edited by dn1982
  • Like 2

Gotta go after this. We should not tolerate this type of behaviour or make excuses for him. He has been accused of bullying, and after an inquiry we've been found to be guilty of some major faults to do with player welfare and treatment. How can he stay on ? Why should he stay on ? Sorry Kevin but your time is up. 

Needs to be investigated by the club but IF he's guilty, we should get rid as good coach though he is, bullies are scum and I don't want them involved with my club. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm if this is true and I question whether it is without evidence. But if it's true he should be sacked immediately 

The whole business about trying to eliminate bullying from football has to deal with the logical conclusion, that if it is a very bad thing to be a victim of bullying then it has to be worse to participate in bullying.

Having established that moral imperative it is impossible to deny that what goes on, a lot of the time at Villa games, definitely amounts to bullying from the crowd of individuals playing the game.

Therefore, based upon that, no child should be allowed to attend a game because they are exposed to a situation where the adults normalise bullying behaviour which the child is bound to learn and to emulate.

Bullying is rarely condemned by football fans and is considered perfectly acceptable by many.

I am not sure you can have it both ways.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Gotta go after this. We should not tolerate this type of behaviour or make excuses for him. He has been accused of bullying, and after an inquiry we've been found to be guilty of some major faults to do with player welfare and treatment. How can he stay on ? Why should he stay on ? Sorry Kevin but your time is up. 

After what? What has he said? Do you have it on tape?

I could accuse you of insulting other VT members, doesn't mean it happened. Think I'll wait for the evidence to come out rather than make an instant judgement on a well respected and praised coach of 20 years.

no smoke without fire but id like to know who the kid is, i doubt very much that it was one who starts every game and has a shot of breaking through to the first team

it was traditionally meant to be an incredibly hard culture, the games changed, maybe he hasn't, that story doesnt automatically mean we should sack him

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is a strange one - Kevin MacDonald has been coaching our youngsters for well over 20 years, he's very highly thought of in the game and is generally regarded as one of the country's top youth coaches. He's always been a sergeant major figure and he's strict and a shouter - but one complaint in 22 years doesn't necessarily mean he's suddenly a bully and someone who can't be trusted to work with young players.

I'm more than prepared to wait for the club's response on this before making any sort of judgement.

Seems more likely someone at the PL has justify the job they do.

Don't ever accuse players of not being tough enough - if we are going around sacking coaches because they shout at players.

Jesus wept - what would Sammy Morgan and Andy Lochead think - football is in a very sorry state IMO.

30 years ago sexual predators kept their jobs at some football clubs. Now it seems K Mac could potentially go because he shouts at players.... I don't know what else to say.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

30 years ago sexual predators kept their jobs at some football clubs. Now it seems K Mac could potentially go because he shouts at players.... I don't know what else to say.

Not just that.  But it is alleged by one father of one player, over a career spanning 2 decades, and some want him gone without evidence :lol:  Do me a **** favour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Not just that.  But it is alleged by one father of one player, over a career spanning 2 decades, and some want him gone without evidence :lol:  Do me a **** favour.

19 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

a Premier League inquiry found “evidence of bullying, aggressive behaviour and unacceptable language” by Kevin MacDonald,

The article says that the Prem did an inquiry and found that... so it doesn't look like it's just the case of a kid said [whatever] and..... I'd assume (maybe wrongly) that KM would have had a chance to talk to the inquiry people, and so on. It wouldn't just be the Prem going on an unsubstantiated allegation and deciding to potentially end someone's career based just on that. i.e. it's clearly reported there is evidence.

That said, inquiries aren't always even handed and fair, and sometimes can err on one side or another. I'm not saying KM has done anything wrong, only that the report states that it was an evidence based inquiry that found evidence to support a complaint and..etc.

• Like 1

Bullying is never a palatable subject, but it has to put in to context too.

In an environment where physical contact plays an integral part....bullying can be misconstrued and misjudged.

Its a mans game and that must be preserved.....

a full investigation is the only answer.

Â