Academy General Topic

smetrov

The u16s and u18s are playing Everton this Saturday 1 April at Bodymoor Heath (11.30am kick off). I think I'm going with Noel, I'll try to watch as much of both matches as possible and provide a report for each, edit- it might just be the U18s because it's a play off match

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

Idem

Walker Clark Finnerty Abdoul

Doyle-Hayes (C) Clarke Prosser

Knibbs Mooney Cox

That was the starting team on a sunny Saturday at Bodymoor Heath, I was in attendance with Noel. He gratefully gave me a lift from Wylde Green station to Bodymoor Heath. We started the game in a boisterous fashion, pressing high and effectively against an efficient and well drilled Everton outfit as you'd expect from a club of their stature.

Into the second half, we managed to win a free kick from a promising position, I was expecting a Beckhamesque curler but how wrong I was. Prosser played the ball square to Mooney who in turn played to square to Cox who found himself free in the 6 yard box and finished well. It was a goal fit to win any game and in turn we did. It was a pleasure to attend this fixture as it's always good to turn over Everton

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Idem

Doyle-Hayes Clarke Prosser

Knibbs Mooney Cox

That was the starting on a sunny Saturday at Bodymoor Heath, I was in attendance with Noel. He gratefully gave me a lift from Wylde Green station to Bodymoor Heath. We started the game in a boisterous fashion, pressing high and effectively against an efficient and well drilled Everton outfit as you'd expect from a club of their stature.

Into the second half, we managed to win a free kick from a promising position, I was expecting a Beckhamesque curler but how wrong I was. Prosser played the ball square to Mooney who in turn played to square to Cox who found himself free in the 6 yard box and finished well. It was a goal fit to win any game and in turn we did. It was a pleasure to attend this fixture as it's always good to turn over Everton

Tell me " his nibs" is the captain......It has to be true.:)

just for the pun.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Idem

Doyle-Hayes (C) Clarke Prosser

Knibbs Mooney Cox

Out of those players, which ones do you rate? I mean, I know they're all 'excellent', but are there any differences within that grade . . .  ?:P;)

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Out of those players, which ones do you rate? I mean, I know they're all 'excellent', but are there any differences within that grade . . .  ?:P;)

I think this current side is a workmanlike side rather one that has good individuals. Mitchell Clark at centre back is probably the star of the side, captain Jake Doyle-Hayes isn't far behind. I have seen Jake Walker quite a few times now and been very impressed, all the more so because he is an u16, he's strong in the tackle

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think this current side is a workmanlike side rather one that has good individuals. Mitchell Clark at centre back is probably the star of the side, captain Jake Doyle-Hayes isn't far behind. I have seen Jake Walker quite a few times now and been very impressed, all the more so because he is an u16, he's strong in the tackle

......I'm liking this team, just by your description.

We have had too many lightweights over the years that have turned out to be " (farts in a colander)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

......I'm liking this team, just by your description.

We have had too many lightweights over the years that have turned out to be " (farts in a colander)

Agreed TRO, don't forget the young players that are too old to play for the youth team now like Suliman, Green and Hepburn-Murphy

Â