Academy General Topic

smetrov

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The official villa Facebook page has shared a link from unilad to view this game... not sure why they couldn't show it themselves... 

Started viewing it but couldn't get rid of the inane comments and emoticons taking up the lower half of the screen. 

Too annoying so stopped watching

Just now, theboyangel said:

Started viewing it but couldn't get rid of the inane comments and emoticons taking up the lower half of the screen. 

Too annoying so stopped watching

I found that... if you swipe right the comments go, then if you have your phone side ways the match screen fills the screen

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I found that... if you swipe right the comments go, then if you have your phone side ways the match screen fills the screen

Thanks for that!!! 

Switched back to find we were one up and then saw us score two more! 

Harvey knibbs with 2 and a penalty from someone else (name forgotten already) leaves us 3-0 at half time. 

From what I've seen the lads play a nice style, with neat passing and the ball mainly on the deck. 

This is the first time i have seen our youth players perform and i am impressed.

They are all cohesive, they talk to each other and now how they want to play.

I think this just proves that time together builds chemistry and an understanding.

For me it makes it even more apparent that our senior squad need time to build.

• Like 1

Ended up 7-0 but feel a bit for the Broxbourneborough  lads. 

It was an amazing achievement to get this far in the cup and they have a couple of good players. I hope this result doesn't tarnish their efforts in the competition. 

Edited by theboyangel

Having given it the big build up, I couldn't go. Sorry!

I caught most of it on the facebook feed and thought we were excellent, Hayes, Hall and Clark (the No. 7) caught my eye - I thought we moved then all around really well, neat first touch passing and movement, a team full of Hendrie's without the bad habits. I'm not sure if we've got enough of a sharp edge to all of that clever play, but we looked good against a limited but spirited opposition. Next round will be somewhat tougher.

I also think @HanoiVillan might be pleased with Harvey Knibb's contribution today!

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Having given it the big build up, I couldn't go. Sorry!

I caught most of it on the facebook feed and thought we were excellent, Hayes, Hall and Clark (the No. 7) caught my eye - I thought we moved then all around really well, neat first touch passing and movement, a team full of Hendrie's without the bad habits. I'm not sure if we've got enough of a sharp edge to all of that clever play, but we looked good against a limited but spirited opposition. Next round will be somewhat tougher.

I also think @HanoiVillan might be pleased with Harvey Knibb's contribution today!

Did he score? I couldn't make it in the end :-(

Great team performance this afternoon, Harvey Knibbs will get most of the plaudits and rightly so after he scored 4 goals. We won 7-0 in the end and our class tolled but as a team, we were cohesive and ruthless. Mitchell Clark scored the seventh which topped off a great performance from him as usual. Jake Doyle-Hayes and Kelsey Mooney were the other scorers. Broxbourne Borough weren't up to much but it was good Saturday morning entertainment 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Great team performance this afternoon, Harvey Knibbs will get most of the plaudits and rightly so after he scored 4 goals. We won 7-0 in the end and our class tolled but as a team, we were cohesive and ruthless. Mitchell Clark scored the seventh which topped off a great performance from him as usual. Jake Doyle-Hayes and Kelsey Mooney were the other scorers. Broxbourne Borough weren't up to much but it was good Saturday morning entertainment 

So, "his nibs" has done the business.:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

The FA Youth Cup 6th Round against Manchester City (and yes, they are as you'd expect them to be) is at Villa Park on Wednesday - if you can bring yourself to experience the joys of Villa at home three times in five days, it should be a good un and it'd be nice to get a decent crowd there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The FA Youth Cup 6th Round against Manchester City (and yes, they are as you'd expect them to be) is at Villa Park on Wednesday - if you can bring yourself to experience the joys of Villa at home three times in five days, it should be a good un and it'd be nice to get a decent crowd there.

Thanks OBE, I'll be there but it's a week on Wednesday (22nd Feb) 7pm kick off

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Â