Academy General Topic

smetrov

On 3/1/2017 at 21:35, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

On 3/1/2017 at 17:06, sir_gary_cahill said:

The U18s beat Swansea 3-2 at Bodymoor Heath today, that's all the information I have, Noel the man I usually go with had work today, so I couldn't go sadly

Am I the only one who loves the constant superfluous info on Noel?!

I enjoy it as well.

SGC in real life is exactly how He is on the Internet.  He Loves our Club and in particular the Youth System. He is the nicest guy you could ever meet and never says a bad word against anyone.  He is far too optimistic about the young players in my opinion but does come up with the odd surprise.  He rates Jordan Cox, who I wasn't very impressed by, but lately He is looking a good player and has signed a new deal, so He might just be right about him.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Noel said:

I enjoy it as well.

SGC in real life is exactly how He is on the Internet.  He Loves our Club and in particular the Youth System. He is the nicest guy you could ever meet and never says a bad word against anyone.  He is far too optimistic about the young players in my opinion but does come up with the odd surprise.  He rates Jordan Cox, who I wasn't very impressed by, but lately He is looking a good player and has signed a new deal, so He might just be right about him.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it greatly :) it's a pleasure knowing you

• Like 2

On 02/03/2017 at 03:36, sir_gary_cahill said:

The U18s beat Swansea 3-2 at Bodymoor Heath today, that's all the information I have, Noel the man I usually go with had work today, so I couldn't go sadly

I don't where my curiosity has come from, but I'm left wondering why you couldn't go if Noel was working?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't where my curiosity has come from, but I'm left wondering why you couldn't go if Noel was working?

I'm not familiar with the area, the training ground is quite a distance from the train station

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'm not familiar with the area, the training ground is quite a distance from the train station

Ah ok, well mate you're clearly a very passionate supporter of our youth teams. Gotta respect that. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

U18s drew 2-2 away at Fulham today, that's all I know 

you are a great source of information SGC and a gentleman with it.:)

• Like 1

As it's gone quiet regarding Mcdonald I'm guessing he is here to stay. We don't know enough about it but if his position was/ is under scrutiny we should try and get warren Joyce in to head up our academy now he has just left Wigan. Highly rated at Man Utd and within the game in general 

7 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Steve Bruce said we've a wonderful 13 year-old prospect in the academy today. SGC, we need you on the case to find us this beacon of hope!

Where did you see it? What was the exact quote?

9 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

On my phone now so can't link, but there was an article online in today's Birmingham Mail. Mystery 13 y/o wonderkid!

Found it, he says he doesn't think he'll be in charge when he breaks through to our first team haha :)

• Like 1

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned previously... what a clearing in the woods.. presumably smoking weed... why would you if you have a chance of turning pro?

Here

"Aston Villa U18s player Jake Humphries has been suspended from all football and football activity for 20 weeks after he admitted a breach of The FA’s Rules on Anti-Doping."

Â