Academy General Topic

smetrov

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Is the finishing position prize money even worth considering? Or is it something terrible like 50 grand difference

I think I read that  money is evenly distributed in championship so league position doesn't matter

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

After yesterday's draw, does anyone think that there is reason to play the kids now?

I'd rather try and continue this form until the end of the season, maybe the odd appearance and Green featuring more again, but if we want to go up next year we need to keep that winning feeling and end the season strongly.

• Like 1

If there are kids that are part of next years first team plans then I think there's a benefit in playing them - the only player who I think fits that bill in the current first team squad is Bree - the rest are miles away - I don't see the benefit to us in playing them right now.

32 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If there are kids that are part of next years first team plans then I think there's a benefit in playing them - the only player who I think fits that bill in the current first team squad is Bree - the rest are miles away - I don't see the benefit to us in playing them right now.

Even Green?

The draw for this years hong Kong soccer 7s was made this morning. 

We're in group C along with Bayer Leverkusen, hong Kong fc and Singapore cricket club.

Hopefully we can give ourselves another good showing at the tourno in which we have a decent history.

We won last year with the likes of rhm, Davis, mckirdy, O'Hare all playing. 

Wonder who will go this year? 

On 09/04/2017 at 11:25, sir_gary_cahill said:

After yesterday's draw, does anyone think that there is reason to play the kids now?

One or two maybe. I wouldn't go overboard though, I think more than blooding kids Bruce wants to instill 'every game matters' into his players. Tossing in a load of kids en mass and saying "do yer best lads" wouldn't be a good move IMO

• Like 2

On 11/04/2017 at 08:17, theboyangel said:

We're in group C along with Bayer Leverkusen, hong Kong fc and Singapore cricket club.

Well that's 3 points.

• Like 1

Personally I would prefer Bruce starts defining how he want his team to play with these players and not the kids.  The squad overall is pretty new in relative terms (Less than one year), so blooding them in and get them on same wavelength is of importance.

Put the kids on here and there but not just play them for sake of.

On 12 April 2017 at 14:27, NIVillan said:

Personally I would prefer Bruce starts defining how he want his team to play with these players and not the kids.  The squad overall is pretty new in relative terms (Less than one year), so blooding them in and get them on same wavelength is of importance.

Put the kids on here and there but not just play them for sake of.

Tend to agree here. The likes of bree and Thor need to settle first.

Â