Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/20 at 22:59

Loads of comments in the match thread about how awful we were but at the end of the day we defended very well and got the goal. 

It's only because of a truly freak deflection that we didn't end with a really good away win. 

In fact with the El Ghazi miss at Everton we could very easily have won the last 4 matches of the season! 

• Like 2

Did anyone spot Engels in the locker room?   If he was injured you'd still expect him to be there celebrating.   Seems to me he was more likely put in a bomb squad of one.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

But what about all the decisions that went against us.

All clubs have those, we might even have more than other clubs for all I know. But this wasn't just a decision, it was a technology failure that should not be possible to happen.

Still, I'll take it :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sne said:

All clubs have those, we might even have more than other clubs for all I know. But this wasn't just a decision, it was a technology failure that should not be possible to happen.

Still, I'll take it :D 

I've seen this said a few times by various people including in the media - that it was a "technology failure" therefore has different circumstances

Far as I know cameras and sensors do not place themselves, they need to be placed by humans. Therefore this is also a human error in the same way that any of our dodgy decisions were human errors. Thats before I even go into the fact that VAR still had the power to overturn but chose not to, therefor just like any other VAR decision the moment has gone and nothing can be done about it now. 

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I've seen that it was a "technology" failure therefore has different circumstances

Far as I know cameras and sensors do not place themselves, they need to be placed by humans. Therefore this is also a human error in the same way that any of our dodgy decisions were human errors. Thats before I even go into the fact that VAR still had the power to overturn but chose not to, therefor just like any other VAR decision the moment has gone and nothing can be done about it now. 

No really but who cares. Sensors were in place they just malfunctioned.

Guess it could have been a human error when they built them.

Edited by sne

21 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Did anyone spot Engels in the locker room?   If he was injured you'd still expect him to be there celebrating.   Seems to me he was more likely put in a bomb squad of one.

He was there celebrating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Would really like to know what he did exactly.

2 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

Looking forward to an interesting transfer window now.

35 points, hopefully that is the lowest amount of points we get in a long, long time.

Who do you want to sign?

Need to majorly enhance the quality of this team now, such a great opportunity and platform to build on - we must take advantage and re-establish ourselves as a mainstay and competitive team in the PL. Hopefully we can convince Jack to stay and surround him with a few players of comparable quality so the attacking and creative load is shared...

Hopefully now, the only way is up.

UTV

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

Â