Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/20 at 22:59

3 hours ago, Milfner said:

I am very hungover.

Yes me too.

Can't eat after almost a bottle of vodka. Although I'm still full from all that tasty humble pie I had to scoff after writing us off months ago 😁

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

This group should fund raise and send a load of shirts over ..... would only cost each of us £1 or less !

I am totally up for that.  Send them a box of stuff now and again.

I think it would be a super nice thing to do and they are supporting the Villa,  that'll do for me.

They have got **** all so we should try and do something if we can.

• Like 1

Oh man my head, Looks like I broke a few things. The light is just being held up by the cable and bulb and i think ive broke my foot. 

She's gonna go **** nuts. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, smg said:

Yes but a realistic audit, apparently we are loaded but we have to build a successful squad and that takes time. We are the worst team in the premier league this season that didn’t get relegated , we finished 5th in the championship last season, it takes time to be successful these days because the buying clubs had a head start, perhaps a few mid table seasons moving forward gradually is needed.  We have an opportunity to move forward but it will take time. Can our fan base accept that.?

I think it can, I think it always has, but time or the length of time is a matter of opinion....it needs to be in unison, with buying right.

Many fans and pundits outside our bubble have recognised our buying has been iffy, time will never fix that.....can our fan base accept that?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Thank God I'm still working from home.  Slightly awkward online meeting where I didn't turn on my camera (my laptop is under my desk as I've got it hooked up to a big monitor ;)) but I got through it.

Now to the transfer thread! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

Nerves dont cause people to stroll around a football field and not run or look like you are trying to do your job, so i don't see your point.

I just want to say sorry for overreacting and being a bit annoyed yesterday. :s I thought "appalling" was a bit harsh to describe our first half performance but... you're right that we didn't play well in the first half (because of our forward play not being good enough) and Dean Smith has said so too. I was an emotional wreck and also I'd had one or two drinks too many but that's no excuse really, I apologise. I think the guys tried to do a good job, maybe some of them made a few bad decisions with where and when to run and where and when not to. 🤔

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

I'm as rough as a plumbers estimate today man, eughh.  I'm still working from home and decided to sleep through my lunch hour which absolutely did not help.

Still.

Premier League, baby!

That's what I have been doing for four months- but don't anyone 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

I'm as rough as a plumbers estimate today man, eughh.  I'm still working from home and decided to sleep through my lunch hour which absolutely did not help.

Still.

Premier League, baby!

Not sure how I got through today, was so hungover !!

Worth it though, really looking forward to us pushing on now

• Like 2

On 26/07/2020 at 18:05, chrisp65 said:

image.jpeg.6ae1e7d98450c7ebdadc3eb4140d8cc4.jpeg

The error with the most significant repercussions since they forgot to tell Archduke Ferdinands driver of the change of route. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

The error with the most significant repercussions since they forgot to tell Archduke Ferdinands driver of the change of route. 

Ah yes, Archduke Ferdinand, 1914, the start of WW1. Yes, apparently it is that serious! 😂🤪 Social media, anti-Villa people... oh for goodness sake!

Davis and Nyland are entertainers, they provided several moments of inspired slapstick comedy in the build-up to that 'goal'. Davis bundled Nyland into the goal, Nyland allowed himself to be bundled into the goal, and flapped at the ball a bit, for good measure, and then even tried to hide the ball behind the post for nearly six mintues (ok I'm exaggerating a bit). Maybe he was hoping the ball might not be caught on camera! Well, it didn't get caught on the Hawkeye cameras, amazingly, thanks to the random perfect positioning of several players obscuring Hawkeye's views, but unfortunately it did get caught on one of the 'normal' cameras !

Edited by robby b

I didn't really feel the nerves building until I suddenly began to feel nauseous about ten minutes past three and watching the BT Sport coverage. I felt proper ill from then on, real queasy. The match was unbearable, I hadn't actually felt like that watching a Villa match since the 1994 League Cup Final.

So at the Hammers, a wonderful miss from Antonio, a wonderful goal from Jack, an Italia 1990 Paul Parkeresque deflection for their leveller and unbridled joy for the green, black and red of Aston Villa at full time... or whenever the Watford result was confirmed. Utter relief. Absolute, mental relaxation... I'm surprised I didn't have some sort of seizure.

I am really pleased for the team, the Club and for Dean Smith in particular. I'll be the first to admit that my faith in him wavered somewhat this season. A month ago I was convinced we were down and believed that the Club should already have been planning for that happenstance. But quite beyond my belief (shame on me, I know), the team turned it around... Dean got them playing... and we dug out the results to see us home. Finishing 17th isn't great, it really isn't... but it was enough to see us home this season. Something to build on.

Yes, I'm thrilled for Dean Smith, who let's not forget, has had personal tragedy during the lockdown. We have an opportunity to build, and continue towards where we want to be as a Club and a fan-base.

Up The Villa, all of you. When you look at how many top flight seasons we have had in comparison with MOST, we really DO belong in the Premier League. We really, really, do. Please Villa, never make me feel like I did at ten past three on Sunday afternoon EVER again.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 4

Â