Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/20 at 22:59

Wow, what a season, but we said we’d settle for 17th based on where we had come from and what was necessary in the Summer. But a horrible season all told, glad its over.

But boy am I looking forward to us now kicking on and the patience of the squad build will now pay dividends as we can add 4 quality players. Dean/Suso/Purslow - WE NEED FORWARDS, and good ones too.

29 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

So proud!

I'm a little bit gutted for them they didn't get to do that in front of thousands of fans then get cheered off the pitch. Well played lads.

**** THE BLUES.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well that was extremely stressful. 

8 points from 4 games, if we keep that average up next season we'll be flying ;)

The gyppo deflection sailing over old man Reina 1 min after Grealish scored was soooo Villa. I was certain we were down before Palace so Smith, O' Kelly, Terry and the squad have worked a total **** miracle in my eyes. No FFP this summer and no need to shed 17 players! 

I see occasional references to this but haven't seen any news about it anywhere. Is this actually something that is happening?

Just now, Demitri_C said:

He was asked if he was thinking about retiring. And he said i aint that pld you cheeky bastard.

He looked devastated 😂

Ah ok, that sounds like just some banter

I was thinking it was out of rage and swearing about Villa or something

Still funny mind

37 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think the critical moment in our great escape was the Elmo equaliser against Newcastle. When that goal went in, something told me that we were somehow going to survive, but I didn't want to say till now just in case I jinxed us. 

Watford meltdown in losing to the spammers, sacking Pearson and their 4 nil twatting to citeh was the turning point. They were favourites to stay up before that and they blew it.

Beating Arsenal was a amazing result and only then did I think the Villa would stay up. Another late run like last year to achieve our goal.

35 points isn't great but who cares. The goal this year was staying up and we did that with a point to spare!

Â