Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/20 at 22:59

3 hours ago, skell said:

Who do you want to sign?

I'd like a solid investment in the forward department, as we desperately need a semi-reliable goal scorer of some quality. Wouldn't mind Tammy, he has the potential as well as a certain safety in already being tried out and working well with the Villa.

Other than that, I'm just in for the ride, leaving specifics to the Football Manager crowd. 😄

• Like 3

If that Sheffield United 'Goal' had have stood we still would have stayed up on goal difference. Presuming that the game would have finished 1-0 that is, but there's nothing to say that we wouldn't have equalized, or even gone on to win the match, sometimes conceding a goal can wake a team up.

Fair play lads, I thought we were dead and buried a few times this season, but you pulled it out of the fire and have given this club a chance to push on next season and be a mainstay in this league again (hopefully more).

So great watching the team in the huddle waiting for the final whistle to blow at the Emirates and celebrating in the locker room. Brings a tear to the eye and a big grin across my face. You put us fans through the ringer at times, but we **** love this club regardless. Up the Villa!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Villa stay up at 6pm. Tomorrow morning at 7am my daughter will enter this world. The best 24 hours I'll probably ever have. 

What are you going for? Jacqui or Deana?

• Like 3

Aarrgghh. Just finished watching. Due to time difference, work and NBC Gold. Man o man that was painful. Throbbing headache. Even the deaf cat by my side was wondering what the heck I was doing. I am sure the other occupants of the building are somewhat aghast at the absolute filth, at volume, that was emanating from my apartment. Phew. As we all realise, lots of work to do. UTV

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mantis said:

That was honestly the most stressful 90 minutes of my life. It was worse than last year due to all the moving parts with other games.

So absolutely how I experienced it too

2 hours ago, Withnail said:

Aarrgghh. Just finished watching. Due to time difference, work and NBC Gold. Man o man that was painful. Throbbing headache. Even the deaf cat by my side was wondering what the heck I was doing. I am sure the other occupants of the building are somewhat aghast at the absolute filth, at volume, that was emanating from my apartment. Phew. As we all realise, lots of work to do. UTV

Running Man Dancing GIF

Everton had the scores from the other games up on their scoreboard during their game! :o 

With that, their inept performance against Bournemouth and their late equaliser against us, I get the feeling that they didn't want to play us again next season!  

10 hours ago, smg said:

Yes but a realistic audit, apparently we are loaded but we have to build a successful squad and that takes time. We are the worst team in the premier league this season that didn’t get relegated , we finished 5th in the championship last season, it takes time to be successful these days because the buying clubs had a head start, perhaps a few mid table seasons moving forward gradually is needed.  We have an opportunity to move forward but it will take time. Can our fan base accept that.?

I don't see anyone here looking for instant success.

I'm looking for the players to work hard and do the basics right.  Something we've struggled to do for years due to a combination of poor management and poor coaching.

When Leicester won the league, and i am not saying we should, could or will any time soon, they were far from the most talented squad in the league, but by god did they work hard, and their fitness levels were through the roof.

Its rare we see any significant effort from our current squad.  The last few games were the exception rather than the rule peaking at Arsenal.  The 1st half West Ham was pre-lockdown standard from half of them.

Sheff U are another great example of what hard work and good coaching can get you.  They certainly do not have a top 10 squad, but are well coached and work very hard with high fitness levels.

I don't see anything in how Villa have played under DS that makes me think he can deliver that.

So whilst i am relieved and delighted we survived, it leaves me wondering about next season, and what will change...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I would love to know who the kids are in this video and send them something now and again.

This group should fund raise and send a load of shirts over ..... would only cost each of us £1 or less !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â