Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/20 at 22:59

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

I didn't really feel the nerves building until I suddenly began to feel nauseous about ten minutes past three and watching the BT Sport coverage. I felt proper ill from then on, real queasy. The match was unbearable, I hadn't actually felt like that watching a Villa match since the 1994 League Cup Final.

So at the Hammers, a wonderful miss from Antonio, a wonderful goal from Jack, an Italia 1990 Paul Parkeresque deflection for their leveller and unbridled joy for the green, black and red of Aston Villa at full time... or whenever the Watford result was confirmed. Utter relief. Absolute, mental relaxation... I'm surprised I didn't have some sort of seizure.

I am really pleased for the team, the Club and for Dean Smith in particular. I'll be the first to admit that my faith in him wavered somewhat this season. A month ago I was convinced we were down and believed that the Club should already have been planning for that happenstance. But quite beyond my belief (shame on me, I know), the team turned it around... Dean got them playing... and we dug out the results to see us home. Finishing 17th isn't great, it really isn't... but it was enough to see us home this season. Something to build on.

Yes, I'm thrilled for Dean Smith, who let's not forget, has had personal tragedy during the lockdown. We have an opportunity to build, and continue towards where we want to be as a Club and a fan-base.

Up The Villa, all of you. When you look at how many top flight seasons we have had in comparison with MOST, we really DO belong in the Premier League. We really, really, do. Please Villa, never make me feel like I did at ten past three on Sunday afternoon EVER again.

Yes, the Paul Parker deflection that looped over Shilton in the semi against Germany, exactly! That's what it made me think of too. I almost felt actually physically sick just before and during the game, I felt a bit dizzy and weak, a little short of breath, that much stress and anxiety, mental! 🤪 Apart from maybe the European Cup final in 82 (when I ran away for a while early in the 2nd half) I think that's the most stressed I've ever felt because of a football game, even more than our two play-off finals and our two FA Cup finals in my lifetime. Wow. :s 😓 😑😮😵😖

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

I know it's a well worn saying, however if you offered me 17th at the start of the season then I'd snap both your hands off !

Just not that way though 🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I know it's a well worn saying, however if you offered me 17th at the start of the season then I'd snap both your hands off !

Just not that way though 🥴

Me too, right at the start of the season I decided I'd be happy with 17th because it would be staying up, maybe against the odds (without Abraham or a proven top CF to replace him, without a top winger, afterall). But now next season I won't be happy with 17th (or lower!). Hope we finish at least a few places higher next season, fingers crossed.

An ex-colleague Man U fan told me in the first week of last August "You're going down, Villa are ****" (rude word beginning with s, not sure how polite I need to be on Villatalk). 'Charming', I thought, 'Don't hold back. Why don't you tell me what you really think?' So tactful. Not. Well... ha! Wrong! I'm really pleased the lads have proved him wrong! : )

Edited by robby b
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, robby b said:

An ex-colleague Man U fan told me in the first week of last August "You're going down, Villa are ****" (rude word beginning with s, not sure how polite I need to be on Villatalk). 'Charming', I thought, 'Don't hold back. Why don't you tell me what you really think?' So tactful. Not. Well... ha! Wrong! I'm really pleased the lads have proved him wrong! : )

Don't be angry for him. Just pity. Imagine what he will feel like with United crash and burn next season if they keep Solskjaer.

Has he ever been to Old Trafford? Most yewunited haven't. 

• Haha 1

On 26/07/2020 at 20:00, romavillan said:

Would really like to know what he did exactly.

He definitely danced the Agadoo an tried to get The Hokey Cokey going but the rest weren't interested so he sat in the corner on his own doing The Rowing Boat dance on his own. Quite sad to see really. 

• Haha 1

Â