Ratings & Reactions: West Ham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/07/20 at 22:59

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I bet the Championship execs must be crying tonight. No Leeds, no Villa to replace them. Attendances and TV viewing figures will drop off a lot.

Don't worry, I'm sure Bournemouth will make up those numbers...oh wait

• Haha 1

All I can say is I'm astounded we've stayed up, thought we were gone weeks ago. I haven't praised him much this season but fair play to Dean - what an amazing turnaround, he deserves great credit for that. 

Still no escaping we've stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Now we need a good summer of investment in proven quality on 4-5 players unlike last summer. Just because he's kept us up doesn't mean I'm convinced by Dean, that would be a lie, and if someone more capable was available and interested I'd hope the owners would show the ruthlessness needed in the interests of the club. However, I suspect he will get next season to show what he can do and I just hope he can move us forward and we can be a lot more competitive than we have been this season. 

• Like 3

I’ve been boozing since 12 and I feel like the nights gonna go on longer 

I love this club man, enjoy everyone 

Edited by Giro
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, smg said:

Please explain why 2 people rated the managers performance as poor ?

I can't speak for the others, but that first half was appauling.

Should have been full of confidence after the last few games, and got at them early on.  But was clear they were playing conservatively and likely looking for the draw.  Thats on DS, and shows his lack of quality as a manager.  His game management is generally poor.

We lacked cohesion and passion in the first half, and far too many didn't turn up.  Targett, McGinn and Hourihane of particular note, were all passengers and didn't look bothered.

There was a notable uplift 2nd half, but Hourihane was still dreadful as was Targett.  McGinn was a little better when pushed further forward.

I'd say more about Samatta, but at least he tried.  He was still dreadful, but he put effort in.  Davis brings so much more to the side than Samatta.

Everything good DS did against Arsenal just wasn't there tonight.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Should have been full of confidence after the last few games, and got at them early on.  But was clear they were playing conservatively and likely looking for the draw.  Thats on DS, and shows his lack of quality as a manager.  His game management is generally poor.

We lacked cohesion and passion in the first half, and far too many didn't turn up.  Targett, McGinn and Hourihane of particular note, were all passengers and didn't look bothered.

There was a notable uplift 2nd half, but Hourihane was still dreadful as was Targett.  McGinn was a little better when pushed further forward.

I'd say more about Samatta, but at least he tried.  He was still dreadful, but he put effort in.  Davis brings so much more to the side than Samatta.

We are where we finished, because we are inconsistent......maybe we can improve that , during the transfer window, but i don't expect a big splurge.....maybe 3/4 players.....covid will have spooked the financiers.

Edited by TRO

8 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

In the first half we had four shots and two on target. West Ham had three and zero on target. And think about what was at stake. Have you never had nerves about something?! 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

I've forgotten it already 

2 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Villa stay up at 6pm. Tomorrow morning at 7am my daughter will enter this world. The best 24 hours I'll probably ever have. 

Fantastic mate, congratulations to you and wish you all well for the future 👍

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The Villa stay up at 6pm. Tomorrow morning at 7am my daughter will enter this world. The best 24 hours I'll probably ever have. 

Enjoy the day mate - congrats 👏 

• Thanks 1

Ok, sorry I'm late, everyone. (My home-made generous mojitos of recovery and celebration have slowed me down a bit). First I wish to apologise to the Villa team and management for saying on here after the Wolves game "Have a nice holiday everyone, see you in the Championship" (or something like that). I have never in all my 46 years been so happy to have been proved wrong about something.. Secondly, what a horrendous one hour and 55 minutes that was! Thank goodness I'm quite fit and healthy or I think I may have had a heart attack! Wow. :s Good to see Dean Smith got through it ok too! So nerve-racking. See you in the Premier League! 🙂

Edited by robby b
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Enjoy the moment!

• Thanks 1

Â