Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

On 02/09/2020 at 08:41, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think it would be prudent to be fairly pragmatic for starting the season, we don't need to be to Gung Ho about things.

Is this our new signing from South Korea? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Agree, all of the promoted teams will struggle with the step up. Sheffield Utd. really did have a freakish season and I doubt any of the promoted teams will be comfortable like them.

Yes, and Southampton could be an interesting watch if Ings doesn't have a repeat season. They would have been in deep doodoo without his goals. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, and Southampton could be an interesting watch if Ings doesn't have a repeat season. They would have been in deep doodoo without his goals. 

Other than the first few games of the season when they were dire, Southampton did play some decent football - at least  in the games that I watched.  But do agree that pretty much all the teams in the bottom half of the table from last year could potentially end up in the relegation fight.

I think relegation fight is hard to predict this year.

I think the teams that have come up out of the Championship are far more robust.

There are also less weak teams in the Premier.

With that said here goes.

Palace (based on abysmal end to last year)

WBA (based on form after lockdown under pressure and lack of recruitment)

Fulham (because they came up through the playoffs and haven’t significantly spent)

anyone from 9th downwards will at some stage be involved I think.

Outsiders are Sheff Utd (second season syndrome)

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

palace is the one i'm really looking at 

Eze is a great signing for them, Ferguson could be too

Problem last season was goals, scored the lowest amount of league goals in their history, they have a guy out on a 2 year loan in turkey who finished top scorer, trabzonspor have an obligation to buy, they're currently seeking legal advice to cut short his loan and sell him to RB Leipzig

I can only imagine the meltdown if that was us 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Eze is a great signing for them, Ferguson could be too

Problem last season was goals, scored the lowest amount of league goals in their history, they have a guy out on a 2 year loan in turkey who finished top scorer, trabzonspor have an obligation to buy, they're currently seeking legal advice to cut short his loan and sell him to RB Leipzig

I can only imagine the meltdown if that was us 

You'd imagine the only legal way out would be if there was a clause in the contract they could trigger or if the contract was found to be void for some legality. Otherwise they're paying Trabzonspor some money to get them to agree to terminate the agreement.

Wherever I hear that team's name it reminds me of listening to european football on radio 5, when Villa were in it. Good times.

What the hell, let's have a go at the whole table:

1. Manchester City
  2. Liverpool
  3. Manchester United
  4. Chelsea
  5. Arsenal
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. Leicester
  9. Wolves
  10. Southampton
  11. Burnley
  12. Aston Villa
  13. West Ham
  14. Brighton
  15. Leeds
  16. Sheffield United
  17. Newcastle
  18. Crystal Palace
  19. West Brom
  20. Fulham

if I did it again in five minutes it'd be different - I really think the bottom eleven (including us) could all finish 11th or get relegated.

• Like 1

10. Villa
  17. Newcastle
  18. Wet Spam
  19. Leeds
  20. Sandwell Town

Couldn’t give a flying **** about the other positions as long as we can manage a top 10 finish and the bottom 4 consists of those I’ve listed.

Edited by Robbie09
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

What the hell, let's have a go at the whole table:

1. Aston Villa
  2. Liverpool
  3. Manchester United
  4. Chelsea
  5. Arsenal
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. Leicester
  9. Wolves
  10. Southampton
  11. Burnley
  12. Man City
  13. West Ham
  14. Brighton
  15. Leeds
  16. Sheffield United
  17. Newcastle
  18. Crystal Palace
  19. West Brom
  20. Fulham

if I did it again in five minutes it'd be different - I really think the bottom eleven (including us) could all finish 11th or get relegated.

Spot on 💪

• Haha 2

Â