13. West ham
  14. Leeds.
  15. Villa
  16. Brighton
  17. Newcastle
  18. Palace
  19. Fulham
  20. Sandwell Town

Used your post as a template. If Messi decides he loves the Birmingham kebab shops and the pubs etc we will win the league. Surely?

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

We survive in around about 13th position

Smethwick Rovers, Fulham and Palace to go down.

Newcastle 4th bottom. Leeds 15th 

I hope to McGrath that Leeds struggle next season...  Their fans act like they'll be pushing for a Europa League place by default...  

15 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I hope to McGrath that Leeds struggle next season...  Their fans act like they'll be pushing for a Europa League place by default...  

And the media does my head in, don’t get the hype media laughs our past achievements off but act like leeds are liverpool mk2

Burnley and Sheff utd as an example are where they are for a reason.....you either embrace it or ignore it......I am not saying i want Aston Villa to be like them, but i am saying they have attributes we would be foolish to ignore.

I want a striker and a winger as much as the next man...but it doesn't end there for me.

my first choice would be a powerful, dominant CDM, who can take us to the next level...like matic or essien.

I don't think we will do that, because we are so obsessed with the offensive side of the game.....but i can hope.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Burnley and Sheff utd as an example are where they are for a reason.....you either embrace it or ignore it......I am not saying i want Aston Villa to be like them, but i am saying they have attributes we would be foolish to ignore.

I want a striker and a winger as much as the next man...but it doesn't end there for me.

my first choice would be a powerful, dominant CDM, who can take us to the next level...like matic or essien.

I don't think we will do that, because we are so obsessed with the offensive side of the game.....but i can hope.

ye, im happy with the cash signing, and we do need a winger and striker, but we badly need a quality midfielder, whats more surprising is we have been linked to numerous positions (like strikers, wingers, fullbacks, goalkeepers), but not one single midfielder......

I would love a marquee midfield signing.

Also, i have opinions on who i would like as a winger and striker, but i literally have no idea who we could get realistically as a quality midfielder?

I really hope we have a midfielder in the pipeline....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wedge said:

Nerdy question, does anyone have an idea when the 20/21 squad numbers will be released?

Obviously hoping for a few more additions before then!

It’ll be this week as the first round of fixtures is next week. Not seen any where when exactly it will be. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Somewhat disagree that we’re obsessed with the offensive side. Post lockdown it was obvious that as a team we were much tighter, defensively. Douglas Luiz was the standout performer in the CDM role, and the team gave up far fewer chances per match than they had done pre-lockdown. The case can be made that with better finishers in the team we could/should have turned draws against Sheffield Utd, Everton, and Newcastle into wins. Even the first 25mins against Man Utd we could/should have scored twice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Somewhat disagree that we’re obsessed with the offensive side. Post lockdown it was obvious that as a team we were much tighter, defensively. Douglas Luiz was the standout performer in the CDM role, and the team gave up far fewer chances per match than they had done pre-lockdown. The case can be made that with better finishers in the team we could/should have turned draws against Sheffield Utd, Everton, and Newcastle into wins. Even the first 25mins against Man Utd we could/should have scored twice. 

I agree with the highlighted bit, totally.

Then there was games against Southampton and Leicester at Home, where they just ran riot down the middle, Spurs too, to a degree.....we had no answer and we panicked and lost composure.

Luiz did a great job after lockdown, but before lockdown he was anonymous in games......I like Luiz, (when he plays post lockdown), just unsure he has the physical presence to play that role for 38 games.....I am unsure he is a natural CDM.

I am still a believer that you build from the back, get the defensive side right and the attackers have the confidence to play off that platform, they don't have to keep looking over their shoulder, when they lose the ball, they don't have worry unduly of losing the ball, so subsequently, they don't.......not the other way around.

Its much harder to score, than deny.....get the easy bit right first.

I accept the point that you can't keep defending and I accept the point, attack is the best form of defence....but it is nigh on impossible to keep, keeping the ball.....We have to have an ability to play without the ball and getting that right, will give confidence to none villa folk, that we will stay up.

Edited by TRO

On 04/09/2020 at 20:36, gwi1890 said:

And the media does my head in, don’t get the hype media laughs our past achievements off but act like leeds are liverpool mk2

Well it can't be because Leeds are a one team city.....I mean, so are we and we don't get the same attention 😉

Â