Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

Wonder if the Athletic writers' might have a different view of things after today. Some miseries will disagree, but even with zero signings this summer I'd have us down for about 13th/14th place. There's no point even bothering to mention the glaringly obvious reasons why for the umpteenth time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Wonder if the Athletic writers' might have a different view of things after today. Some miseries will disagree, but even with zero signings this summer I'd have us down for about 13th/14th place. There's no point even bothering to mention the glaringly obvious reasons why for the umpteenth time.

Signing unproved Championship players won't change people's opinions.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Gregg Evans voted for Villa to go down, 37 times. 

• Haha 4

Pretty much every site and paper I've seen in Sweden also has us finishing 18th and getting relegated.

That's where I see us as well atm but a lot can and will change before the window closes.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Pretty much every site and paper I've seen in Sweden also has us finishing 18th and getting relegated.

That's where I see us as well atm but a lot can and will change before the window closes.

Absolutely ridiculous.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Don’t know why most of these predictions have Leeds no where near the bottom, they have a class manager in bielsa but the defence is awful 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Don’t know why most of these predictions have Leeds no where near the bottom, they have a class manager in bielsa but the defence is awful 

Yeah I have Leeds among the relegation candidates for sure, and that's from someone who really rates Bielsa.

Doubt there will be much between 18th and 13th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

I heard Leeds described as "doing a Norwich" in some podcast yesterday. With comparisons to Bielsa's stubbornness and Farke's. I thought it was hilarious and even though I dont believe it* I intend to spread it far and wide :)

(I reckon Leeds will be fine, maybe 16th) 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

6 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah I have Leeds among the relegation candidates for sure, and that's from someone who really rates Bielsa.

Doubt there will be much between 18th and 13th.

There is even more unknowns going into this season than usual. I think the majority would have Fulham & WBA in the bottom two, then the next 7 clubs, maybe even 8 (on that table) you could throw in together and think any of them could be the third club relegated at this point. 

If our defence continues to be as capable as it was after the restart, we can get a few more signings in the front half of the pitch (and a keeper) and we have a reasonable run with injuries I think we will be alright.

• Like 1

The start is crucial for Leeds really.

They'll lose to Liverpool I'm fairly sure in perhaps a similar way we lost to Spurs opening day last summer.

After that they have Fulham at home (who they comfortably beat 3-0 in the championship run in last season), Sheffield United away, Wolves at home and us away. And Man. City.

Sheffield United won their first home game last season against Palace and kicked on from there.

Have to say though BCD at Elland Road will really hurt them. I actually thought it benefited them not having fans in the run in last season as would've been paranoia central but they'd have fed off the buzz for first few prem games.

I think they'll stay up, would be amazed if they're as high as 11th as it's still a pretty small senior squad and we saw how we declined when we lost a few key players to injury.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Signing unproved Championship players won't change people's opinions.

Every time I’ve seen you post lately it has been about missing out on Maupay. We are signing a better version and that’s an unproved Championship player? I don’t see that logic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The start is crucial for Leeds really.

They'll lose to Liverpool I'm fairly sure in perhaps a similar way we lost to Spurs opening day last summer.

After that they have Fulham at home (who they comfortably beat 3-0 in the championship run in last season), Sheffield United away, Wolves at home and us away. And Man. City

Agree - that run will set the tone for their season. I think they will struggle.

12 hours ago, villan501 said:

100% Relegated signings and potential signings all overpriced 33mil for a CHAMPIONSHIP player as our Record signing shows Smith Lange and Purslow know nothing abput what we need. 

I love these histrionic posts. Please come back and discuss when they turn out to be great buys

Â