Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

That seems a fair appraisal, he’s always done well when playing Villa, but then again don’t they all. 

There was some talk of him going to Villa & I think he might do better with you because Vardy will always be first choice here.

12 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Top 12 minimum has to be our aim

I'd be surprised if we managed top twelve. This season is about consolidating as a PL league team.....a season without dipping into the bottom three at any point would be progress.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Is "top 12" a thing?

🤣🤣 it is now - 12th or higher I should say. Couple more quality additions and we should really hope to kick on. Feel more confident about our defence this year with Konza settling in great alongside mings.  Started as a slow transfer window but bubbling up quite nicely now 

Just now, zab6359 said:

I'd be surprised if we managed top twelve. This season is about consolidating as a PL league team.....a season without dipping into the bottom three at any point would be progress.

True but our owners are not investing large sums to battle relegation every year they will wanna see marked improvements. Smith won’t be allowed to have us languishing near the foot of the table either, think if we start badly Wes and Nas may act.

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

True but our owners are not investing large sums to battle relegation every year they will wanna see marked improvements. Smith won’t be allowed to have us languishing near the foot of the table either, think if we start badly Wes and Nas may act.

Not exactly invested huge amounts so far this window still time though.

Im still unsure about us defensively. Ok we improved towards the end but what about the ither 3/4 of the season? We generally were shocking defensively.

I think as well if mings or konsa got injured hause engels are risky back up options

• Like 2

On 11/09/2020 at 07:50, sidcow said:

I still question if Ings will have a similar season to last year which was a very stand out one for him, and where that leaves Southampton is he's not bagging a ton of goals. 

Southampton have invested well defensively and Che Adams had a great end to last season, along with a good 'pre-season'. I think Southampton could be pushing top half this year. 

2 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

Top 12 minimum has to be our aim

Delusional.

Surviving for another season would still be great success.

Would bite your hand off if you offered me 17th right now.

People may laugh at that but listen to what Purslow said about our wage restrictions. The main thing is to stay in the league for the next couple of seasons. We can then start competing and offer average Premier League wages.

This will be a slow rebuild. Finishing 12th with this squad would be overachieving.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not playing style obviously but I'd take being the most boring team this season - the first team that cant get europe but cant get relegated either 

If we can get there by about march and can play some youngsters then even better 

Sounds like Wolves 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Delusional.

Surviving for another season would still be great success.

Would bite your hand off if you offered me 17th right now.

People may laugh at that but listen to what Purslow said about our wage restrictions. The main thing is to stay in the league for the next couple of seasons. We can then start competing and offer average Premier League wages.

This will be a slow rebuild. Finishing 12th with this squad would be overachieving.

Surviving will be a success so you can spend the season saying it’s not good enough and Smith should go?

• Like 1

Â