Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

I feel like Baggies are the only ones that we can pretty much bank on being in the bottom 3. Even Fulham might surprise a few people. They have kept most/all of the good signings that they had in the Prem when they originally did a Fulham, so if they add to it (and their owner will surely sanction spending like ours) then they could be half decent.

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I feel like Baggies are the only ones that we can pretty much bank on being in the bottom 3. Even Fulham might surprise a few people. They have kept most/all of the good signings that they had in the Prem when they originally did a Fulham, so if they add to it (and their owner will surely sanction spending like ours) then they could be half decent.

i'd actually swap those two around. baggies are making a few decent signings. i can see fulham doing a norwich, taking the money and run. have they signed anyone yet?

gotta remember how bad fulham were, when they did indeed do a fulham

Edited by tomav84

Just now, tomav84 said:

i'd actually swap those two around. baggies are making a few decent signings. i can see fulham doing a norwich, taking the money and run. have they signed anyone yet?

An interesting point. I just think that baggies have SO much more to do. Their squad is completely unspectacular. Even bringing in Diangana is like how we brought in El Ghazi. It puts them closer to the position they were in last season, when they were a hot and cold championship side.

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I think West ham are in real trouble as well.  That team morale is going to be rock bottom.

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

An interesting point. I just think that baggies have SO much more to do. Their squad is completely unspectacular. Even bringing in Diangana is like how we brought in El Ghazi. It puts them closer to the position they were in last season, when they were a hot and cold championship side.

it's going to be an interesting one. us, west ham, west brom and fulham will all be down there. brighton too i reckon. burnley don't look to be buying anyone and might lose their best defender. the relegation fight will be another entertaining affair methinks. desperately hope we're not part of it again.

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's going to be an interesting one. us, west ham, west brom and fulham will all be down there. brighton too i reckon. burnley don't look to be buying anyone and might lose their best defender. the relegation fight will be another entertaining affair methinks. desperately hope we're not part of it again.

No Way Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

A good form could easily change a lot of things, I remember Burnley were one of the worst teams to play us. Yet after that they hit for and started to gain win after win. When we were playing good, we didn’t get results. That was our problem. If we win our first two, I think we’ll be having a great season. Start struggling and everything is possible.

I still question if Ings will have a similar season to last year which was a very stand out one for him, and where that leaves Southampton is he's not bagging a ton of goals. 

18 hours ago, tomav84 said:

It's probably the worst season to get promoted.

Very difficult for clubs without mega rich owners do do business.

5 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

A good form could easily change a lot of things, I remember Burnley were one of the worst teams to play us. Yet after that they hit for and started to gain win after win. When we were playing good, we didn’t get results. That was our problem. If we win our first two, I think we’ll be having a great season. Start struggling and everything is possible.

We won’t be as naive this season and should be more solid defensively (over the course of the whole season). I don’t expect us to make as many mistakes or individual errors either.

I think we started last season positively (started well in the first game against Spurs but fell away in 2nd half and were ruthlessly punished) but didn’t quite realise how much of a jump up the PL was (plus having to integrate many new players and bedding a new squad in).

We had a tough run of games (including bad luck with errors, refereeing mistakes + F*** VAR, deflected goals etc.) against the top teams but our confidence was shattered after performing quite well but losing cruelly at times (I think the Liverpool game really knocked us back). That really set us back and contributed to the poor form, the break was what we needed and we came back with a more sensible approach. Unfortunately we were fairly toothless in attack but that was down to a lack of quality more than anything (and Jack can’t be expected to produce in every game, we have to be less reliant on him).

Dean (and the coaching staff) will have learned and gained a lot from the whole experience too..

New signings, new season, new hope.

I expect us to do a lot better.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

I think Burnley will be ‘shock’ strugglers this season. West Ham doing their best to get Tarkowski, only signed Norris from Wolves so far (though there’s time left, of course) and Dyche not really happy with the owners.

top 6, Wolves and Everton wont be in the relegation battle. Everybody else its fair game, if Leicester continue how they finished last season they could struggle and dump Rodgers but probably wont go down.

the other 12 teams are more than capable of going on a horror run like Watford and going down

Starting the season before the transfer window has closed makes predictions incredibly difficult. Chelsea & Everton have done business early but clubs like Leicester & Villa could still bring in three very good players and change the team profile completely. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Starting the season before the transfer window has closed makes predictions incredibly difficult. Chelsea & Everton have done business early but clubs like Leicester & Villa could still bring in three very good players and change the team profile completely. 

Do you think you'll keep Iheanacho? I was listening to a Tifo podcast the other day where someone named him as their surprise pick for stand out player. Their thinking was that he would play the role of a number 10 this year, supplying Vardy as his link up play and passing is very good. I had kind of assumed that he'd perhaps be on his way out as he was direct competition for the main striker role, but admittedly I don't watch Leicester that often. 

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Do you think you'll keep Iheanacho? I was listening to a Tifo podcast the other day where someone named him as their surprise pick for stand out player. Their thinking was that he would play the role of a number 10 this year, supplying Vardy as his link up play and passing is very good. I had kind of assumed that he'd perhaps be on his way out as he was direct competition for the main striker role, but admittedly I don't watch Leicester that often. 

He really hasn't impressed me too much, his stats are decent for the minutes he gets but he looks like he's struggling a lot of the time with flashes of quality in between. I believe Leicester would sell him if they had a replacement lined up. He never lived up too the hype attached to him when he left Man C.

Just now, gurru991 said:

He really hasn't impressed me too much, his stats are decent for the minutes he gets but he looks like he's struggling a lot of the time with flashes of quality in between. I believe Leicester would sell him if they had a replacement lined up. He never lived up too the hype attached to him when he left Man C.

That seems a fair appraisal, he’s always done well when playing Villa, but then again don’t they all. 

Â