Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/20 at 22:59

43 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

A week ago someone posted that we can't beat Arsenal. I replied "We can and we will" So glad to be provIde right UTV

I guess after 17 failings at VP it was bound to happen.

I never thought we would win......but what a time to.

Edited by TRO

Haven’t enjoyed an evening’s football so much for a long time. 

Sterling on fire with a mission to destroy Watford single-handed.

Then welcome back the old Jack, and a superbly taken goal by Trezeguet.

We battled well - admittedly helped a little bit by Arsenal’s lack of arsedness - but we did it and a win against the Hammers almost certainly seals our survival.

It is so important we stay in the premier league. A return to the championship  would be a massive step backwards. So tonight was a bit of a good one - we can do this!

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

We have a blood pressure monitor in the house.

I normally function around 125/ 82. Took it at 85 minutes tonight and was sitting at 148/ 97!!! Cheers villa

Mom konsa. Very cool. No temptation to showboat . Mature performance 

I was standing in Trafalgar Square listening to the game on the radio when Trez scored.  If we stay up I think that might be a moment I'll remember for the rest of my life. 

We can't think it's over yet, we can still finish 19th if West Ham beat us on Sunday.  Hugely important that we win there and hopefully by a couple of goals.  I really want West Ham to get the point they need to be sure tonight when they play Man Utd.  I know we are talking a 14 goal swing from two separate clubs for them to get relegated, but I'd quite like them to have been on the piss for a couple of days if they make it mathematically sure now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Samatta was a bag of shit

He run his socks off, he deserves credit for that. We needed every player commited to the cause and they didn't falter in that respect, yet you still find the time to post a nasty, negative comment, which to be honest, is a " bag of shit." 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kiltorken said:

Reina was excellent I thought, love how he commands the defence. 

That **** owed us. The ego he had earlier in the season to do what he did. Welcome to the battle Pepe!

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Davis was awful when he came on. Everyone else was brilliant.

I’m quite confused why this post got 4 “confused” reactions?

Was it the Davis part or the everyone part?

A massive thank you to @ferguson1 for those searching for villalad21 GIFs which absolutely made me wet myself!! 

I was having to be quiet because all the kids were asleep. Celebrated the goal by jumping around my front room in complete silence and then stood pacing for the rest of the game. You definitely helped ease the tension!! 

• Thanks 1

Â