Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/20 at 22:59

I said at the start of the season 10 wins will see us survive. One more win and we'll stay up.  We need premier League football. We have premier League football I don't doubt that we will sign some top class players.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gotta be honest, I couldn't watch, I purposefully didn't have BBC up, or sports, or anything.

I logged on to here at 2220 and slowly scrolled down the vote at the top, saw Smith got good/excellent.......and scrolled down  bit more......could it be possible??

Omg......we got a sneaky 1-0.......OMG!!

Same. I just couldn't watch it, or follow the match thread. And I'm not relaxing yet, it ain't over. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Unbelievable performance. From everyone.

But as the negative person i am i'd just like to say.

That shot which hit the inside of the post though...

As i said. What a performance, but i think God watched over us today!

I was like, oh shit, oh reinas got....oh shit!!

• Like 1

I can barely remember, but we had some really good, but ultimately losing, performances at the start of the season, but tonight was up with them. Brilliant performance and well done to the team and the coaching staff. Trezeguet MOTM for me, just ahead of Konza and Guilbert, but they all played their part. If they play like that on Sunday we can beat West Ham. What a win. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Tell me we won't mess it up on Sunday

nervous friends GIF

It's what you would expect, but in a strange way, it's almost like we are peaking at the best/worst time.

We look alot more organised and defiant.

If we could finish we would already have been safe since this restart.

• Like 1

gonna be horrible at the weekend.

Bournemouth could still technically stay up with a win over Everton (inc. better goal diff), and everton have zero to play for, 3 points wont take them any further up the league.

Watford versus Arsenal, they now dont have any chance to get a European spot, dead rubber game for Arsenal also.

We play WHam, who are safe barring a 29 goal swing or something silly......but eh......

I think we must win, its possible for either Watford or Bournemouth, or both, to pick up 3 points at the weekend in a worst case scenario.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

What a result...1 nil against the Arsenal just feels right!

Thought Gilbert was great when he came on, offered us that real pace down the flank, but its those slide tackles that stick in the head!

Thought Konsa had his coming of age game tonight, he bossed that backline, bollocking players that that didnt hold there positions....he did the Mings role tonight!

The thing i loved was the end....no great celebrations ...just on to the next!

Memories of last season heroics!

• Like 2

Missed the second half up until 75 minutes, then at the beginning of added time got pulled away to deal with a contractor and was sure I would come back and find that Arsenal had scored.   Great display mostly from what I did see.   Of course it would be so Villa to pull off the unexpected win v. Arsenal and then fold against WHam.  Let's hope the confidence boost will carry us through on the final day.  Hopefully, Arsenal will also not be willing to tolerate losing their final 2 games to a relegated team and one that barely escaped relegation.   Come on you gunners!

Interesting to note that after the final day the scenario could range from us beating the drop by 3 points and finishing 6 above Bournemouth (sounds comfortable) to Bournemouth beating the drop over Villa and Watford on GD.   What a tense final day!

West Ham might make all the right noises pre match but they can't possibly be as motivated or be as up for it as we are. They are safe. We can't relax though and think we are home and hosed. Results fell our way in recent weeks when in actuality we should of been dead and buried. Make our luck. Win the game.

• Like 4

Â