Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/20 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Oh and Arsenal wake the f.uck up. Got a big game on Sunday 😁

Feeling pretty confident Arsenal is going to show up big time for that one. The Villa look-a-likes will be slaughtered.

Grealish.......but Konsa is a standout player for me and why we have improved so much after lockdown, he's bossed that right hand side at the back. Told Ming's to calm down when he called them all over to the left side to defend a throw in. We have a chance UTV 

• Like 3

Unbelievable performance. From everyone.

But as the negative person i am i'd just like to say.

That shot which hit the inside of the post though...

As i said. What a performance, but i think God watched over us today!

• Like 4

Just now, tinker said:

Grealish.......but Konsa is a standout player for me and why we have improved so much after lockdown, he's bossed that right hand side at the back. Told Ming's to calm down when he called them all over to the left side to defend a throw in. We have a chance UTV 

Absolutely.

He has suprised me and he's deserved his praise.

Just now, Stratvillan said:

The improvement since lockdown is considerable. If only we had a centre forward.

It’s funny, the moment the transfer window ‘slammed’ shut at the start of the season, I said we were a winger and a striker short. Everyone agreed. 

Had we signed a decent winger and striker, we’d have been able to play Grealish centrally all season, hands down his best position, and we’d have scored a few more goals. 

Im convinced we’d be safe by now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO

I love the highs and lows this club gives me.

🦁 💜  :flag:

I don't! I'm having to drink more JD to wash away the taste of sick in my mouth.

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Thank f*ck Hause got injured and forced Smith to play Konsa at CH.

• Like 3

Gotta be honest, I couldn't watch, I purposefully didn't have BBC up, or sports, or anything.

I logged on to here at 2220 and slowly scrolled down the vote at the top, saw Smith got good/excellent.......and scrolled down  bit more......could it be possible??

Omg......we got a sneaky 1-0.......OMG!!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It’s funny, the moment the transfer window ‘slammed’ shut at the start of the season, I said we were a winger and a striker short. Everyone agreed. 

Had we signed a decent winger and striker, we’d have been able to play Grealish centrally all season, hands down his best position, and we’d have scored a few more goals. 

Im convinced we’d be safe by now. 

Agree totally. McGinn being out meant playing nakamba, and not conor. Which shoved jack wide. 

But up front, Tammy would have scored 15. I'm not sure Davis and Samatta, could score 15 between them in the championship 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Gotta be honest, I couldn't watch, I purposefully didn't have BBC up, or sports, or anything.

I'm logged on to here at 2220 and slowly scrolled down the vote at the top, saw Smith got good/excellent.......and scrolled down  nit more......could it be possible??

Omg......we got a sneaky 1-0.......OMG!!

Nothing sneaky about it mate. That was a fully deserved win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how did we play?, did we play counter or more possession stuff?

We were awful for the first 16/17 minutes. However Luiz put a tough challenge on someone and immediately Smith changed formation and then we were in their faces. We started to bully them in our middle third. They had more possession but in the first third of the pitch. 

We blocked their passes. 1-2's were stopped,  our counter attacks in the second half were as good as Man United in the 90's and 00's. Just a shame we didn't have Yorke or Cole to finish them. Grealish was awesome. His fee has gone back up again.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Â