Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/20 at 22:59

One of the most stressful days of my life has now ended. Oh my good God we can do this and I think we will. Sweet dreams to all you Villans and finally one last word, do you believe in the Villa…......

• Like 1

I have to give credit to DS and his team for tonight.  I have been very critical of him since he arrived for his game management and lack of subs.

Tonight is the first game since he took over that its been clearly visible that changes were made multiple times during the game to our shape and tactics in response to the opposition taking control in key areas.

Subs were well timed, and the right players withdrawn.

Well done!

Now, do it all again on Sunday please!!!!!

• Like 1

Proper fighting spirit tonight.

Konsa and louiz given jobs to do and told to stick to those jobs snd they look good.

Mings looking more comfortable and actually clearing the ball rather than trying to control it and play it out.

Jack doing first time passes

CH delivering decent free kicks

Mcginn cutting out glory passes and keeping it more simple

Trez just loitering and running around and taking a chance

Just some of the notable performances tonight.

Oh and welcome back fred, the fighting spirit is back in the team.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

One of the most stressful days of my life has now ended. Oh my good God we can do this and I think we will. Sweet dreams to all you Villans and finally one last word, do you believe in the Villa…......

I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I genuinely had to go for a walk after that, it was the most stressful watch in years. I've punched a door, I've sworn, I've paced endlessly.

This game. 

We're alive.

That's normal behaviour for me every time I read a post from Villalad 😉

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Wanted to give man of the match to the post that saved us , but gave it to LuIz instead ... never let them settle on the ball and dominated that midfield area 

first 20 mins we looked like wed be out played like Chelsea and Man U games ... but we dug in , tactics seemed spot on and we well deserved that win and should have had a couple more 

old Jack was back second half , one last 95 mins Jack and then we bid you a find farewell 

might just go out Sunday and sit in a field , not sure my nerves will take it 

And, dare i say it - he's actually getting pretty nifty at tackling too. Superb since the restart.

Complete performance tonight but Davis really has to wake up otherwise he'll find himself pushed out of the club. He could have cost us tonight. 

Great defensive display and second half we did our best to push up and press them in their half. Great team display. 

Trez and Jack really did the dirty side of the game well by tracking back. Luiz was phenomenal tonight and so was the whole back four. McGinn really played well when pushed further forward too. 

Watched the game tonight with my lads in a bar full of gooners on holiday here in Portugal. The smug bellends shut up when we scored.

Gave Konsa MOTM as Aubameyang didn’t have a sniff tonight.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

oh balls, i just checked our away record this season, only won 2 away games all season.... :(

We hadn't beaten Arsenal at home in 22 years before tonight. I wouldn't worry too much about records ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve got mixed feelings. 

Elation, because of the win. Heartache because we’re going to lose potentially the greatest player this club has ever produced. 

He dragged us up almost single handedly and over 38 games, he’s the main reason we even have a hope of staying up. 

I don’t need to name him. He’s a Villa legend and I don’t think I’ll ever like a player as much. 

SAY WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!!!

Luiz?

• Like 1

The feeling after a win like that makes all the pain worth it.I find watching games like these to be almost unbearable.

We deserved the win and thought in last 10 -15 mins we tried not to sit back and created some good chances.We seemed to start winning more 50/50 balls and that helped keep the pressure off.

The last minute sub of Lansbury wasted a good 60 seconds why haven’t we done that before trying to see out games.?

Since lockdown we have improved massively defensively and Smith is showing he is improving tactically.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Only2McInallys said:

The feeling after a win like that makes all the pain worth it.I find watching games like these to be almost unbearable.

We deserved the win and thought in last 10 -15 mins we tried not to sit back and created some good chances.We seemed to start winning more 50/50 balls and that helped keep the pressure off.

The last minute sub of Lansbury wasted a good 60 seconds why haven’t we done that before trying to see out games.?

Since lockdown we have improved massively defensively and Smith is showing he is improving tactically.

Agreed. I think Smith can push us on next season. We have the nucleus of a decent squad. We need a strong central midfielder, two quality wingers and a striker. If we get a decent chunk for Grealish, we may only need to spend 50-75m to do what is required. 

• Like 1

Â