Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/20 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's right though. Davis was really poor when he came on

He's not right and David was not poor.  I'm not going any further with this. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

He's not right and David was not poor.  I'm not going any further with this. 

He really was. Nothing stuck to him, he wasn't physical enough, he made sloppy passes and he missed a huge chance to seal the game.

I like the guy. And I was screaming for him to come on because he USUALLY holds it up far better than Samatta and I felt that with his physical presence would be exactly what he needed.

But I think he froze. He was poor

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He really was. Nothing stuck to him, he wasn't physical enough, he made sloppy passes and he missed a huge chance to seal the game.

I like the guy. And I was screaming for him to come on because he USUALLY holds it up far better than Samatta and I felt that with his physical presence would be exactly what he needed.

But I think he froze. He was poor

I agree completely. Davis wasn't great at all. 

The miss wasn't the worst miss ever (I'm looking at you AEG ;)) but I think it knocked his confidence a bit and his whole game suffered.

There was two other instances, miss aside, that spring to mind and that was a simple lay off to Jack which would have set up a nice attack - he played it straight out of play and another instance in the corner flag where he lazily tried winning a corner off the defender, defender moves and Keinan's "cross" goes to one of the Arsenal players and we're immediately on the back foot.

I like him too, I would love him more than anyone to get the winner on Sunday that seals our top-flight status.

On 23/07/2020 at 16:05, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think his attitude is questionable. I get he lost his head after the miss but doesn’t mean you stop running. 

He looked like a guy who’d been told it was his last chance, and he **** it up. 

Â