Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 22:59

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Who was better than Jack today in my eyes

Well I thought Reina was really good in goal

Trez beats him, even if just for goals

Luiz is looking quality in midfield

The defence looked good generally and were fairly untroubled aside from the VAR goal.

So 3 definitely better than him and I would argue a couple at least in defence than him if not more.

So where am I wrong?

Not getting motm doesn't mean you had a bad game. 

Edited by TreeVillan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

462 minutes and he has as many PL goals as I do. He's **** shit.

His goal:games ratio has always been poor. Usually his touch and hold up play are decent. Was a truly horrible performance from him, topped off by missing an open goal

3 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Not getting motm doesn't mean you had a bad game. 

Didnt say he did have a bad game, I just said he was not in my top performers for the game and many had better performances than him and named a few.  Didnt say he had a bad game, I thought he had just a average game.

Good result. Could have used the third goal to help nibble away at the gd, but having been resigned to the drop can just see a chink of light. Everton might just be a must-win cup final. 

Just my luck, this is the first match since the end of lockdown I couldn’t watch in full. Missed most of  the second half but I was fairly confident by half time they would win this one. 

Great stuff from Trez. Now we have some hope...

30 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

still a chink of light me thinks you jut do not know

everton v Villa - watford v west ham Massive  

if we beat everton I guess we want a draw from them. Or a Watford win to set up a winner takes all against west ham on the last day? 

• Like 1

We got stuck in for a change , never gave them a chance to settle and it worked , Zaha  was ineffective , and the rest of their midfield made ours look world class at times ... Legs started to tire and their subs brought them some energy but thankfully Agent Benteke taking that open goal from Dann stoped it being more nervy than it could have been 

Elmo brought some stability and experience to the team and  pushed LuIz for MOTM ...

11 minutes ago, skell said:

I was just thinking about this. Surely we want a West Ham win, Watford are likely to lose the other 2 games which means we play West Ham who are thinking about their holidays! 

I think the opposite. Would much rather be within two points of West Ham than Watford going into the final day. That way our fate is in our own hands.

• Like 1

Â