Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 22:59

Crucial, crucial win to *just* keep the season alive. Still a mountain to climb to survive, admittedly, but it will hopefully give the players and coaches a much-needed boost going to Goodison on Thursday. 

Palace were pretty hopeless and lacking in effort, probably reflective of their season going nowhere being safe from relegation and way off the top half. We can only hope Everton are the same but in reality they are a better side than Palace, we will have to work a lot harder for points there.

I've just noticed that Watford still have to play City as well so hopefully some damage can be done to their goal difference which would help us out massively. Let's see what happens on Thursday before we start to get excited about staying up.

• Like 1

We had a definite penalty for hand ball turned down, Grealish going down like he was shot didn't help his penalty appeal. 

Alot better today really fought for the cause. We didn't  miss Hause and he should not go straight back in. McGinn is starting to get back to form. Elmo was decent and so was Taylor, although Target came on and did well. Hourihane delivery is the best we have and when he puts more effort into competing for the ball in general play he should be starting. 

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Something I think the rest of us would have stumbled onto much earlier in the season.

This is a rare good day, try to enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I can't make my mind up, they have both done so well today

Open your eyes man, it was to be added’s game. To be added hasn’t been the same since lockdown. His head has gone.

I thought we totally controlled the game. Palace were terrible, if we'd been a bit more clinical with the balls in we'd probably have scored 4 or 5. Their VAR chalked off goal was completed bullshit though, it hit him flush on the shoulder with his arm down by his side. Never a handball.

The hope though, I don't need this. I was quite comfortably resigned to Championship football.

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Open your eyes man, it was to be added’s game. To be added hasn’t been the same since lockdown. His head has gone.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, I think to be added might have just edged it.

• Haha 1

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Nonsense.

Who was better than Jack today in my eyes

Well I thought Reina was really good in goal

Trez beats him, even if just for goals

Luiz is looking quality in midfield

The defence looked good generally and were fairly untroubled aside from the VAR goal.

So 3 definitely better than him and I would argue a couple at least in defence than him if not more.

So where am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I thought we totally controlled the game. Palace were terrible, if we'd been a bit more clinical with the balls in we'd probably have scored 4 or 5. Their VAR chalked off goal was completed bullshit though, it hit him flush on the shoulder with his arm down by his side. Never a handball.

The hope though, I don't need this. I was quite comfortably resigned to Championship football.

Sorry to disappoint you. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I can't make my mind up, they have both done so well today

what match are you watching?  I'm still waiting for either one of them to show up and put in an ounce of effort !!!!

• Like 1

Still think we will go down but we badly needed a win and Palace served it up to us.

The VAR decision is karma firstly for the ridiculous disallowed goal earlier in the season and secondly for Selhurst Park which is a dump and a nightmare to get too  I mean who has a supermarket as part of your stadium?

Pleased for the players and Deano and getting to 30 points is some kind of respectability as I doubted we could even do that.

It is a bit frustrating as our goals scored record is not too bad even after this dire run when compared to most of the bottom half of the table, the goals conceded has killed us this year.

We need Leicester to do us a favour and then we have to beat Everton next week. I can't see it happening but at least we are still in it for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Players added to the poll. You can change your vote.

Boo!! Now I'm going to have to make my mind up all over again? Or can we keep our original MoM?

Edited by bielesibub
smelling pistake

MOM Trezeguet, I have not been impressed by him, but he took his goals well and put himself about a bit, and has given us a chance. Luiz was very good again. Reina, Elmohamady and Konsa also excellent. 

Keep the same team that started and give it a good go against Everton. Even if we don't stay up, let's at least scare the shit out of Watford and West Ham, just for the giggles.

• Like 1

Â