Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

Match Polls  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/07/20 at 22:59

Just now, villa4europe said:

Surprised I thought I was the only one who voted very poor for the ref

I did. Having 2 decisions overturned by VAR is not a good look.

Edit: I assume ref as on pitch ref, not collective including VAR

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We can thank VAR and Reina for not conceding

You mean VAR doing it's job and Reina doing it's job, that's what it is supposed to do!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Completely disagree. Worked hard, looked for the ball all day, held it up, carried it, linked play

Sorry, I thought Jack wasnt great today.  He wasnt terrible but one of the lower ratings in the team today for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

You mean VAR doing it's job and Reina doing it's job, that's what it is supposed to do!

I thought the ball hit Sakho's shoulder and the decision could have gone either way.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Just now, VillaCas said:

Completely disagree. Worked hard, looked for the ball all day, held it up, carried it, linked play

I felt like he's trying too much. Terrible was too strong a word to use, but I expect more good decisions and faster play from him.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I thought the ball hit Sakho's shoulder and the decision could have gone either way.

Same as Mings against Arsenal where it was classed as a penalty, therefore this was handball thus no goal.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Davis was absolutely god awful when he came on.

I didnt want to say it as people think I have something against him but he was awful...............again!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Poor first 45. Very good 30 minutes in the second half and average last 15. 

Close call for MOTM, Trez obviously the hero with the goals but Elmo had a great game throughout and probably just edged it for me. 

The difference today was Palace are NO Liverpool or Man Utd so of course we looked better and the scoreline reflects that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I voted to be added as motm, 50/50 though with him and to be added

The vote between to be added and to be added has been more one sided than I expected. Go on to be added! To be added isn’t a shadow on the player to be added is.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Not concerned with where it takes us, rather it was lovely to see the fight combined with a bit of belief back in the team!

This defence is the one i want to see till the end of the season, the difference in Mings especially is amazing! Just having a bit of pace next to him so he can do the clean up job makes wonders, but having a keeper to keep him on his toes turns him into a different player. Konsa is a central defender, its not his game to offer support on an overlap, what he does posses we were sorely lacking in central defence...pace! These 2 injuries today may have  resulted on us stumbling onto something good!Luis was again the difference, he really is turning into a decent player. Always had the class but he just seems to have stepped up in turns of raw effort; Well done sir!

Kudos must also go to the goal scorer, Tresaguet goals were simply vital to this team. You could see the lift it gave the whole team when that second went in.

Lastly it was lovely to get the result despite Jack not having to play at 100%. The media will have to think of a new headline for this one!

Something I think the rest of us would have stumbled onto much earlier in the season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

The vote between to be added and to be added has been more one sided than I expected. Go on to be added! To be added isn’t a shadow on the player to be added is.

I can't make my mind up, they have both done so well today

• Like 1

Â