Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Just now, jim said:

Sack him tonight.

Cant blame him for the first half but we’ve come out with nothing in the second half. It’s his job to pick them up and motivate them.

This is very true - McGinn is a key example, when he was brimming with confidence he was linked to huge money moves to this very same Manchester United. Now he looks like he wouldn't even make their bench, but the manager needs to be instilling some sort of motivation/confidence even when we're doing badly. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Sack him tonight.

Cant blame him for the first half but we’ve come out with nothing in the second half. It’s his job to pick them up and motivate them.

6 months too late. What’s the point now?

• Like 1

I rarely call for a managers head, but this club is done under Smith. We ain’t staying up but I’d still get rid now. If as a club we accept performances like this then things will just get worse.

• Like 2

No fight in this side at all. They can eff off. I'd take a Warnock or fat Sam right now if it meant we got what we needed to stay up! Smith doesn't seem to have a backbone.

I genuinely thought we'd come out second half fighting but we've been pathetic, accepted defeat. I'm done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

None them care, that’s on the manager. 

Ive only seen the 2nd half- but they look dispirited and disorganised - anyone  think dropping a division, a few weeks off will sort that - massive gamble. I can't believe any manager or head coach can survive the kind of stats Smith is clocking up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Sack him tonight.

I told @DCJonah that I couldn;t blame him at all for the first half.

However, this is where the problems start, again, lack of proactivity...

yeah we probably would lose anyway but nothing tried until the game is already lost ffs.

This over the entire course of the season has cost us IMO.

• Like 2

People calling for Smith to go need to realise that any replacement will have the exact same group of players to choose from. Too late for change now. He needs to stick a rocket up them and push them as hard as possible to get 7 points minimum from Palace, Everton and West Ham and hope it is enough. 

• Haha 1