Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Luiz could have been sent off for simulation. He were already on a yellow card.

Are you sure about that booking ?

• Like 1

Will love a point. I just can’t see them being as poor in the second half and I just can’t see where a goal is coming from. 

Mirrors the City away game to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

I think thats harsh - you can see what he brings to the team. What he needs is people closer to him...

Not harsh at all, I can see what he brings to the team....He has a good game now and then rarely, never looks like scoring, strolls around the front line and just a waste of a Villa shirt.  I've tried to give him time during the restart but my opinion pre lockdown stands, he's not a PL player and I wasnt convinced when he was in the Championship when he played for us.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can't agree on this performance so far if i'm honest.

We've been pressing, working hard, and seem a bit more sharp.

We are not really allowing them to play.

Like several games since the lockdown, just need a flash of brilliance to nick a goal.

This is the first time I haven't been demanding a change at half time. See where we are at 60 minutes.

Although Trez is **** hopeless. How he is playing in the Premier League is beyond me.

Edited by Villa87
  • Like 1

Who knows maybe us giving Liverpool the guard of honour will help seal a victory here today because liverpool will go easy on us in second half..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The irony, is if their was a hybrid of both of their qualities in one player, he would be very decent.

Or completely terrible in everything. Guess which one we'd get?

• Haha 3

Not knocking it. We have shown fight, put in the tackles and chased the second ball, all I have been banging on about 

Carry this through to other games and I will be happy 

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Not harsh at all, I can see what he brings to the team....He has a good game now and then rarely, never looks like scoring, strolls around the front line and just a waste of a Villa shirt.  I've tried to give him time during the restart but my opinion pre lockdown stands, he's not a PL player and I wasnt convinced when he was in the Championship when he played for us.

Samatta has done absolutely nothing since after the break.

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sky Sports moaning about Luiz diving, nothing on the Salah dive tho... noice. 

The guy kicked his heel as he was about to lay the ball off. Knobs the lot of them at sky.

McGinn is still slightly off the pace, I'd have Hourihane and Samatta on after an hour or so. 

The question is how we cover the flanks when the gas goes on Trez. Maybe leave Davis up there and put Samatta down the wing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Samatta has done absolutely nothing since after the break.

Didnt say he had, just saying Davis is not worth having on the pitch....