U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Yeah the USPS is very screwed financially. John Oliver did a segment on the USPS a couple of months ago which explained the problem quite well: 

He also, incidentally did one on mail in voting about a month later:

• Like 1

Even if it was losing money without being forced to by the politically driven pension changes... So what? It's not a business, it's a public service. They ought to be expected to cost money. If they can balance the books, great, but you won't find Trump or his cult talking about how much money the armed forces or police lose every year.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Even if it was losing money without being forced to by the politically driven pension changes... So what? It's not a business, it's a public service. They ought to be expected to cost money. If they can balance the books, great, but you won't find Trump or his cult talking about how much money the armed forces or police loses every year.

You'll be suggesting next that roads should be federally funded for the good of everyone. Commie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Even if it was losing money without being forced to by the politically driven pension changes... So what? It's not a business, it's a public service. They ought to be expected to cost money. If they can balance the books, great, but you won't find Trump or his cult talking about how much money the armed forces or police lose every year.

If it can run at a profit, someone already rich should be taking a profit from it.

If it runs at a loss, why should tax payers be bailing out a failing business?

Do keep up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-election-result-take-years-as-usps-attack-fears-grow-2020-8?r=US&IR=T

He's saying the quiet part out loud again.

President Donald Trump, in remarks to reporters, said that knowing the result of this year's presidential election could take "months" or "years," as he continued to cast doubt on mail-in votes ahead of an expected surge in the number of Americans casting their ballot by post.

"Usually at the end of the evening, they say 'Donald Trump has won the election, Donald Trump is your new president,'" Trump said during the remarks at his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey.

"You know what? You're not going to know this — possibly, if you really did it right — for months or for years. Because these ballots are all going to be lost, they're all going to be gone," Trump said.

He's sabotaging democracy in plain sight. The way this year is going I'm genuinely starting to think he's going to need to be dragged from the White House at gunpoint.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-election-result-take-years-as-usps-attack-fears-grow-2020-8?r=US&IR=T

He's saying the quiet part out loud again.

He's sabotaging democracy in plain sight. The way this year is going I'm genuinely starting to think he's going to need to be dragged from the White House at gunpoint.

I can imagine him on Twitter for years to come going on about how it was all a scam and he really won the election.

90% of the physical mail I receive is advertising. 

There is a really easy way to ensure the USPS capacity is used effectively. Of course decisions will have to be made to prioritize what is deemed important, in a situation where resources are limited. 

Oh right, we can't talk about that, so let's all just get mad and shout and point a lot.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Of course decisions will have to be made to prioritize what is deemed important

Then it's a good thing Trump installed a stooge to run the postal service, right?

It's a bit of a weird coincidence that Republicans suddenly started to think that the Postal Service should lose a huge amount of capacity right before the election, and strange that they don't appear to have any actual legislation in mind.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, villakram said:

90% of the physical mail I receive is advertising. 

There is a really easy way to ensure the USPS capacity is used effectively. Of course decisions will have to be made to prioritize what is deemed important, in a situation where resources are limited. 

Oh right, we can't talk about that, so let's all just get mad and shout and point a lot.

Trump could sacrifice a hundred young children on the steps of the WhiteHouse and you'd be on here saying "Well over population is an issue so he's just effectively addressing a problem. Don't know why everyone is getting mad!"

• Like 4

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's a bit of a weird coincidence that Republicans suddenly started to think that the Postal Service should lose a huge amount of capacity right before the election, and strange that they don't appear to have any actual legislation in mind.

I am in no way a fan of Trump but the installation of a black running mate is also a weird coincidence. 

If BLM meant blue lives matter,  Biden would be standing up there with with a female smurf right now telling them how this time it will all be different and all his life he has battled for the blue people all his life.

All his friends are blue remember.

I suspect each and everyone involved in the election is a lier and a cheat on some level or they wouldn't be there ?  

2 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am in no way a fan of Trump but the installation of a black running mate is also a weird coincidence. 

If BLM meant blue lives matter,  Biden would be standing up there with with a female smurf right now telling them how this time it will all be different and all his life he has battled for the blue people all his life.

All his friends are blue remember.

I suspect each and everyone involved in the election is a lier and a cheat on some level or they wouldn't be there ?  

How are taking advantage of public feeling and looking to suppress votes in an election by decimating the USPS remotely similar?

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

taking advantage of public feeling

Last time a woman,  who was blatantly taking advantage of public feeling as the Democrats are trying to do now,  beat Trump and won the last election !

The desire to do anything and use anyone to win comes across as cynical,  desperate and childlike IMO & is on the same level as Trump himself.  

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Last time a woman,  who was blatantly taking advantage of public feeling as the Democrats are trying to do now,  beat Trump and won the last election !

I have no idea what this means. Something about Hilary clearly, but what?

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The desire to do anything and use anyone to win comes across as cynical,  desperate and childlike IMO & is on the same level as Trump himself.  

Still unsure how trying to win as many votes as possible and doing everything in your power to effectively rig the vote could possibly be considered the same. It would be more equivalent if the Democrats were sending people infected with Covid out in Florida knowing Trump supporters are more likely to not wear masks and be elderly.

17 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I have no idea what this means. Something about Hilary clearly, but what?

Still unsure how trying to win as many votes as possible and doing everything in your power to effectively rig the vote could possibly be considered the same. It would be more equivalent if the Democrats were sending people infected with Covid out in Florida knowing Trump supporters are more likely to not wear masks and be elderly.

I think we are on the same side here 👍 The question is,  how far would either side go to win.

I didn't write my post well I admit.  What I meant was,  doing what you think the public wants doesn't win you elections. 

That method is exactly what got Trump in the White House.  It would be foolish to repeat it is what I mean.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Trump could sacrifice a hundred young children on the steps of the WhiteHouse and you'd be on here saying "Well over population is an issue so he's just effectively addressing a problem. Don't know why everyone is getting mad!"

Jeez, that's a tad strong. Perhaps, ease off on the late night coffee.

The USPS is a corporate body under both democratic and republican governments. So, the sudden moral and ethical concern for the USPS by the democrats is worth raising one's eyebrow, even if just a little.

13 minutes ago, villakram said:

Jeez, that's a tad strong. Perhaps, ease off on the late night coffee.

The USPS is a corporate body under both democratic and republican governments. So, the sudden moral and ethical concern for the USPS by the democrats is worth raising one's eyebrow, even if just a little.

It thought their 'moral and ethical concern' comes mostly from the current administration's timing. Trump is against vote by mail and all of a sudden they are defunding the USPS. Why was this not an issue 3 years ago when there was no election coming up? Or when he was voting by mail in Florida? Could it possbily be that he thinks voting by mail will help people vote who will not vote for him?

I'd say there is reason for 'moral and ethical concern for the USPS' when it is being defunded in an obvious move to suppres votes (which he literally said on TV). 

• Like 1

Â