U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

51 minutes ago, sne said:

Terrible news everyone as it appears Kanye West has dropped out of the running to become the next US president.

He had a good run.

Shorter than Bloomberg's run, though he probably didn't spend as much! 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Terrible news everyone as it appears Kanye West has dropped out of the running to become the next US president.

He had a good run.

I believe he felt that it would be wrong for such an amount of power to be concentrated in the hands of a single individual.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I believe he felt that it would be wrong for such an amount of power to be concentrated in the hands of a single individual.

What with him claiming to being bipolar it's almost as if it's 2 people I guess :D 

Kanye who is again running (and off his meds most likely) is holding his first rally right now in South Carolina.

TMZ are streaming live for those who are interested.

Kanye had a couple of absolute meltdowns on stage last night speaking rubbish as per usual.

The guy needs help, not a huge stage and people who enable his Messiah complex.

• Like 1

Watched a few snippets from Kanye’s ‘rally’. 

The man needs serious help. He’s having another breakdown. 

Off the meds, surrounded by the wrong people and he’s become radicalised. 

He’ll be dead inside 18 months. 

On 15/07/2020 at 14:07, OutByEaster? said:

Deserved more likes. You’d have gone viral on Twitter with this 😀

• Like 1

I can easily see him go into the last 2 weeks in a losing position then pull out of the race due to having to 'tske care of business' or some shite. Anything to save face. 

But that's a question to the more clued in. What happens if a candidate pulls out in the last second? 

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can easily see him go into the last 2 weeks in a losing position then pull out of the race due to having to 'tske care of business' or some shite. Anything to save face. 

But that's a question to the more clued in. What happens if a candidate pulls out in the last second? 

I looked into this question after the last time it was brought up on the forum, but don't think I posted the result. The short answer is 'it's complicated, and surprisingly is even more complicated after-the-election-but-before-the-president-is-sworn-in than it is before the election'.

A simple-ish explanation is here: https://people.howstuffworks.com/what-happens-presidential-candidate-dies.htm

He won't pull out, he's already laying the groundwork for his next step if he loses.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/07/19/donald-trump-says-may-not-accept-results-november-election/

Donald Trump has said that he may not accept the results of the forthcoming presidential election, setting the stage for an epic showdown in November.

In a wild and contentious interview with Fox News, aired on Sunday, the president said he was "not a good loser" and was fully prepared to challenge the results, if he loses to Democrat contender Joe Biden.

He claimed that mail-in voting, which Democrats have pushed as a response to the coronavirus pandemic, “is going to rig the election.”

Asked if this means that he will not accept the election results, Mr Trump said: “No. I have to see.”

I just can't see him go into an election he'll likely lose. If that turns out to be the situation I'm sure he'll pretend he has more important stuff to do than being a president for a second term. 

But fwiw I still think he'll beat Biden. Don't US presidents statistically sit two terms? 

Â